R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHide a spare and King antenna replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hide a spare and King antenna replacement
    Posted: 26 May 2017 at 7:13pm
i reserved today to work on several mods I've been collecting parts for over the last few weeks.  But I didn't get very far on some of them. First up is the BAL 28215 hide a spare.  I found great instructions posted by someone and cut the bars down to the proper length , but the unforeseen onstacle is that my spare is 8 inches tall, yet the most space I can get with the provided mounting plates is 6 or 6.5 inches. If I lowered th plate anymore, I could only use the top two screw holes. . I don't think the bars are very flexible to wrap around the tire.  Do I have to add plates so I can drop the whole setup a couple of inches? Or maybe I can drill new holes in the plate? Second is the king antenna OA8501. I got the old wing off and my new hole drilled.  But there doesn't seem to be a wire that connects to the booster. I'm guessing that the red wire I unhooked from my previous antenna is related to that.  Do I need this for the new antenna?  Thanks. 
Tim and Melina
2016 182G
2015 GMC Canyon crew cab 4x4 SLT = main Tv
2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid-TV
M0tl3y View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Beachguysc

the unforeseen onstacle is that my spare is 8 inches tall, yet the most space I can get with the provided mounting plates is 6 or 6.5 inches.

I just reduced the air pressure in my spare to the point where it fits in the space available. I carry a portable air compressor anyway and I'll just inflate it back to specification when I have to install it. 
The 178 club
 Post Reply Post Reply