R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDIY Removable Window Awnings?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: DIY Removable Window Awnings?
    Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 11:23am
This post may be more appropriate under the "Wish List" section, but I wondered...
Has anyone designed and constructed lightweight, removable window awnings? Specifically, for the windows over the sleeping area of an RP180.

My wife and I spent 3 evenings over the July 4th holiday in N. C. The evenings were cool enough so that with the roof fan on and the windows at the foot and head of the bed open, we slept comfortably enough, temperature-wise.

As is the case on many southern summer evenings, with the sinking of the sun comes a shower/drizzle/drencher/deluge/gully-washer/frog-strangler...
rain.

Some of which was pulled in to a greater or lesser degree on my head and feet by the fan-induced breeze as I snoozed. Not enough to really wake me, but enough to start me to thinking, in my drowsing state, about awnings. Lightweight, removable awnings.

And rather than try to 'Reinvent the Wheel,' I suspect one (or more) of my creative fellow-PODders has had a similar experience in the past, and raced home from a campground to his/her workshop eager to put tin-snips to metal (or fiberglass, or plastic sheeting, or fire-hardened Whale-bone) in an effort to fabricate some device/devices that will allow entry of the breeze, whilst excluding raindrops.   

So, has anyone tackled this one yet?

Moseyman

WillG View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 2:52pm
Hey please post if you find solution & I will also post here as well.
The rear window would be great especially since it is right next to stove....  I have rear kitchen RP-179
I like the idea of window on door but would rather have a rear window that opens. I've read where sliders didn't work for people. I agree with person that tried and went back to the factory fixed window - a solid top hinged awning window would be great.
R-Podder by process of elimination
2014 RP179
2011 GMC CrewCab Short Bed
 Post Reply Post Reply