R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTrim coming off!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trim coming off!
    Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 2:40pm
Hello all I was wondering if anyone else has experience the forward lower trim piece coming loose. I made a temporary fix cause we were camping and it was raining then I got home and tried to fix it properly. Took the pod camping again and when we got there the same trim poece is loose! We have not hit anything or had anything hit us. Do you think its due to flexing or bouncing? I would post a pic but not sure how.     
2013 178
2001 Ford F350 diesel
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 4:16pm
Are you talking about where the lower keder rail meets the trim on the edge of the front rock guard? Both sides or one? Which one? I may have some advice and fix help.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
RVC View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 4:21pm
Yes Sir! Right now its the left side facing the front (same side as door) and the other side is starting. I would show you a pic but can't post pics for some reason. Thanks man!
2013 178
2001 Ford F350 diesel
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 5:09pm
I had this happen same side. Two things I noticed. BTW - I didn't hit anything. First there is a gap between the floor "board" of the Pod and the front gravel guard. The keder rail on right side had separated and dropped from the Pod. All the retaining screws are non-stainless and about 1" long. First, I cut a strip of thin aluminum about 2 1/2" to fit into the bottom lip of the grave guard, and secured it into the floor of the Pod in line with the first frame cross rail. Then I used stainless screws , I didn't go more than 1 1/2" to reattach the keder rail, the front coupler and the stone guard in position. I sealed all the gaps, masked it off and sprayed with Flexi Seal. Looked to me like what started the issue was the floorboard did not extend into the lip of the stone guard, when it got moisture in it, it pulled everything connected to it down, like the lower keder rail. The lip of the stone guard was supposed to protect the plies of the floorboard. Hope that helps you. We can talk on PM and pass pics.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
RVC View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 5:23pm
Hey brother I really appreciate it I will PM you my phone number and if you dont mind giving me some pics it would really help me. We love the pod and try so hard to keep it nice! What you explained is exactly what is happening to mine!
2013 178
2001 Ford F350 diesel
henryv View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 5:52am
If you're talking about the front vertical trim piece, mine came loose at the bottom. I got a fatter screw with some of that stuff in a tube that you put on the threads to keep it from coming out.
 Post Reply Post Reply