R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDo I drive to Goshen, In for repairs ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do I drive to Goshen, In for repairs ?
    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 8:56am
My 176t is still under warranty for another month and the guy here in town who fixes it, his staff have made some lousy "just put a screw in it" repairs.  

For those of you who have a 176t, the tent part, mine falls out of its ceiling.  So the guys here just screwed through the tent so it doesn't do that.   The reason it falls, is the factory forgot to put all the original parts in.  For those of you with the 176t, look inside above the tent, there should be evenly spaced screw covers in the faux leather header...  mine are missing.  But why fix that ?

That and the sloppy repair on the furnace and black tank train have let me thinking I should just drive to Goshen, will it just get fixed or should I just stop being nit picky ?

Kim & Derek
2016.5 176t
2015 Jeep Rubicon JKU (trips west)
2008 Town and Country (trips east)
2 kids, 2 dogs
john in idaho View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 9:37am
I would think there would be several dealers in the Denver/Springs area
computerfixitguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 9:42am
There are 2 dealers, and lots of service centers. You, being from Idaho, would have no idea that our dealers are pretty useless.  The guy in the springs is OK.   There are a whole bunch of us that drive to Omaha to buy our trailers (I did) because AC Nelsen isn't worthless.   I also swear that legal Pot has had an impact on the worker you get in the 15-20/hr range.  Maybe there is no answer.  I would drive to Oregon because I have never been there but they don't make the 176t there.
Kim & Derek
2016.5 176t
2 kids, 2 dogs
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:29am
In general, the factory doesn't do warranty or repair work. They have on some special cases done so, but.. well.. they were special. If you are unhappy with your servicing dealer, find another if at all possible.

And, most owners are stuck with crappy dealers.. Angry

Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:37am
good to know. thats why I asked.    Your the best
Kim & Derek
2016.5 176t
2 kids, 2 dogs
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 12:59pm
If you received bad service, I would write the factory to let them know. That way, they would have information about recommending someone who will do good work and to not recommend those who don't.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 1:22pm
My service was good, the results are just stupid. They are nice people. They just solve puzzles in a different way than I would. I know two people who shut down they factories here and moved production out of state because our labor pool is just worse since our pot law. I'm sure warranty pays X, and the only labor X covers isn't with it.
Kim & Derek
2016.5 176t
2 kids, 2 dogs
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 1:39pm
I wouldn't necessarily put the whole thing on marijuana in Colorado. I've seen service and workmanship issues from all corners of the country. In fact, if you took a poll of R-pod owners from around the country, I would bet that you might find more/different issues elsewhere.

One of the things that has come up several times is the subject of debris/detritus in the hidden compartments of so-called "finished" R-pods. Our particular R-pod had no such issue, and I think at this point we have opened up all the various compartments. Did our dealer clean it up, or did the west coast manufacturer do a better job? I don't know, but the point is that all R-pods are not created "equal" for lack of a better term. Has ours had fit/finish issues? Yes, but they were extremely minor and did not require anything more than an exacto knife to "fix". Some might have argued that there was nothing to fix in the first place.

In general, I've found that the so-called millennials often have a different work ethic and motivation relative to other generations. I'm not saying they are poor workers or anything, just that they seem to have a different life focus. It can take some adjustment on the part of management to figure out how to motivate and direct them. It's probably no different from prior generations as times and people and norms evolve. I know that I got more than a few "eye rolls" from my father when I was younger.

Just trying to inject a little perspective here.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 3:24pm
Your absolutely right. I have 500 employees or so and millenials are something to behold, but I swear I never want to hire anyone under 40 ever again.
Kim & Derek
2016.5 176t
2 kids, 2 dogs
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 3:50pm
That's a management issue. I had 2800 employees at one time, and 50 of them took 90% of my time to manage. Most regardless of age were good, solid people, the worst were those that had expectations unrelated to their performance or capabilities. They just thought you and everyone else owed them and they owed no one anything. The more you give folks something for nothing, the more you will get nothing back from those folks except an expectation for more.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>