R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Slide-out controller location on 179 - found it!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSlide-out controller location on 179 - found it!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slide-out controller location on 179 - found it!
    Posted: 13 May 2018 at 4:57pm
In the interest of familiarizing myself with my new trailer, I went looking for the slide-out controller today. It wasn't under either of the ottomans in the dinette as expected, but was located below the fridge, behind the panel underneath the fridge. Just an FYI for anyone with a 179 looking for it. I know that others in the forum have reported that theirs was under the ottoman with the fixed bottom.

Funniest thing that I found - FR assembler used padding to keep the drain line from the sink that runs under the fridge panel from rattling when water is running through it. They used - 5 infant-sized pampers! Wish I had my phone with me to take a photo. May need to pull the panel back off and document it. Wonder if that's standard spec material for padding at FR factory? At least they were unused Wacko 
Larry-D View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 9:14am
Padding and absorbent, two purposes in one.  You know, infants don't stay in that size diapers long so you'll probably have to get larger diapers as the pod gets older.  Think of the joy when its finally potty trained.
lgblau View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 12:00pm
Hey Ben....Was your controller installed upside down, and at the very bottom, near the floor.
Leonard🌵
2017/179
2017 Ram 1500
Ben Herman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by lgblau

Hey Ben....Was your controller installed upside down, and at the very bottom, near the floor.

Yes that's right - conveniently located upside down and low so that I can't read anything on it LOL
lgblau View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 12:29pm
Figures, par for the course. I e:mailed Lippert, and they sent a link with good diagrams and pictures. I printed the one that applied and at least can see/read what to do.
Leonard🌵
2017/179
2017 Ram 1500
Ben Herman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 1:45pm

Figures, par for the course. I e:mailed Lippert, and they sent a link with good diagrams and pictures. I printed the one that applied and at least can see/read what to do.

If by chance you still have the link, would you mind posting it? Would like to tuck that information away in case ever needed...
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Ben Herman

Yes that's right - conveniently located upside down and low so that I can't read anything on it LOL
Weird, it seems like the wiring and everything would be goofy if it were upside down. Ours is right-side up (also under the fridge), and the wires are going in the correct direction. I don't understand why they would mount it Topsy-turvey.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
Live2Camp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Ben Herman

When push comes to shove, you can take digital photos and then rotate them Smile I like to print out stuff like that so I have it on paper in case all the power / batteries / etc. fail / run out of power / etc. 
2017 R-Pod 179 HRE (the green one)
His:Ford F150 double cab 4WD; Hers/mine:Tacoma V6 double cab 4WD
Still love rugged, diggin' comfy too
lgblau View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 4:25pm
Ben. Text me your e:mail address at 928-486-8021, and I will send what Lippert sent me.
Leonard🌵
2017/179
2017 Ram 1500
lgblau View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 6:17pm
What’s there to understand. When I voiced my disatisfaction with the R-Pod, and the apparent FR attitude,you all jumped on me saying “ you get what you pay for”.
Leonard🌵
2017/179
2017 Ram 1500
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>