R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat is largest TV to fit 190 dinette area?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is largest TV to fit 190 dinette area?
    Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 7:48pm
I haven't even taken delivery yet but thinking about moving the 24"TV that comes with our new 190 and mounting it in the bed area and then buying a larger TV for the dinette area. There seems to be a good deal of real estate on that wall by the door for a larger set.???
Am I dreaming?
voisj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 9:45pm
Before you go out and buy a new bigger tv,live with your pod and go travel and camp a few times. We ended up removing our TV after a year because it turned out we never used it. Oh we brought DVDs
And watched a few movies and a football game or the news once. but after awhile it just seemed like there was much better things to do than sit in the Pod and watch TV.(but then we go to bed early and we get up early). I guess it depends on where you camp and how long you're camping or at an RV park Maybe.
Enjoy your iPod it definitely changed our lives!
Rgds john
SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA
2016 180 HRE, 2013 F150 Eco Boost

crw8sr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 9:50pm
We did that very thing in our 190.  Put in a 32" Spectre with dvd player in. (Walmart)  Probably 3" on each side left and 2" inches top and bottom.  Love the dvd player because TV reception isn't always great.
Chuck & Lyn
Izzy, Morkie. RIP
Zoe Joy & Gracie, Yorkie
2018 R Pod 190   
2019 Traverse

In moments of adversity;when life's a total wreck, I think of those worse off than me and really feel like heck.
donhaller View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by crw8sr

We did that very thing in our 190.  Put in a 32" Spectre with dvd player in. (Walmart)  Probably 3" on each side left and 2" inches top and bottom.  Love the dvd player because TV reception isn't always great.

Great... Thanks
donhaller View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by voisj

We ended up removing our TV after a year because it turned out we never used it.

My wife loves her shows. She wants a TV in the sleeping area and I don't want a blank wall. Plus a bigger TV in that dinette space should be great for me at times although I'm not a big fan of tv. additionally, tv's are getting way affordable.
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 5:18am
Rainy days we watch movies on ours, usually streaming if we get a decent data signal. Unlimited cellular data plans are cheap now. I installed a cell booster and directional antenna (for internet access not for just streaming movies). I'm going to remove the OTA TV antenna, never use it. 

I thought I'd want a bigger screen because at home our little bedroom screen is 55 inches. But in the rPod the size they give you feels ok to me, its a small space. Get rid of the 120V one though and buy a dual 12V/120V one, unless you're always on grid power. They're cheap. Otherwise an inverter is required with the accompanying power loss. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 9:31am
We use our nightly and on rainy days, only mod was a bracket that tilts better from Harbor Freight, that post is on here, several times.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
wooleeman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 9:42am
I rarely use the TV in the Pod but read instead.  I usually download a Netflix movie or two on my iPad and watch if the weather is inclement. (I play the sound through the Bluetooth. My sight is good but my hearing is lacking.) 
2022 RP-202
2016 RP-179 (Sold 9/2020)
2014 Silverado Crew Cab. 6-1/2' Bed
Golden Retriever (DOB 6/16/2020)
English Bulldog (RIP 6/15/2020)
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 10:48am
If you get a lightning to hdmi adapter you can feed your video to the tv/monitor from your ipad. I stream netflix and hulu via my iphone that way to the tv/monitor and use the bluetooth to the stereo as you do. The hdmi adapters have a second lightning port so you can keep your idevice charged. Works great. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
wooleeman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by offgrid

If you get a lightning to hdmi adapter you can feed your video to the tv/monitor from your ipad. I stream netflix and hulu via my iphone that way to the tv/monitor and use the bluetooth to the stereo as you do. The hdmi adapters have a second lightning port so you can keep your idevice charged. Works great. 

Thanks for the info. I thought that was possible but never got around to purchasing the adapter.
2022 RP-202
2016 RP-179 (Sold 9/2020)
2014 Silverado Crew Cab. 6-1/2' Bed
Golden Retriever (DOB 6/16/2020)
English Bulldog (RIP 6/15/2020)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>