R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHitch Ball Finder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hitch Ball Finder
    Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 4:04pm
Camping World sees me comingEmbarrassed I just ordered a Hitch Ball Finder, they are having a 3 day sale.
Here I have not backed the first time, but I will do ANYTHING to make it easier to hook onto the hitch, not the old fashioned way, if I am doing it alone.
Anyone out there have experience with it? One comment was to mark the highth on the telescoping piece and the place on the tounge when you get it right. I hope they tell you where to hook it onConfused
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
cane2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 10:27am
What one are you talking about? The one with 2 yellow balls (works great) Wal-Mart I use them under $20.00 I think.. Orill'y has a cammera that goes on your license plate and has a readout on dash for under $80.00.
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 10:41am
Where in Wal-mart do I look for the Hitch ball Finder? The one I am getting has a mirror on it, but when I am in Wal-mart I would like to take a look at the one you refer to. Does it have the yellow balls on it so that would catch my eye?
Have never hitched anything. On motorcoach I would drive the car up to the hitch and some one directed me. Will not always have director with this rig.
Any and all information is really appreciated.
Thank you
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
cane2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 11:05am
Yes look in wm hitch department (automotive) . It looks like 2 radio antenna folded down with a yellow tennis ball on top there are 2 of them They have a magnet on the bottom you stick one on the top of ball and the other on the pod hitch. They come with easy directions. You back up till the 2 balls touch and you got it. With my van i can open the rear hatch and see the hitch if i am on level ground.
TIDALWAVE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2010 at 11:20am
JC Whitney (Chicago)...has the license plate camera with a 2 1/2 monitor for sale at $49.99.  You
do have to wire the camera into the license plate wiring.  When I back up I turn on my parking lights which turn on the camera and plug the monitor into the 12V socket on the dash.  Works great for the price.
TIDALWAVE
Runebane View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2010 at 2:01pm
My truck has a backup cam in the rear view mirror.  The camera is in the best place, just over the hitch on the tail gate, so I can watch it when I back up.  My friend hates me, he wanted to laugh at my first attempt to hook up ;)

RP-177
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2010 at 2:41pm
Our motorcoach had a back up cam, you are a lucky one.
I have had a lot of good information on the Ball Finder. I will be looking for one with the tennis balls on it to see what it looks like.
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
GoofyNewfie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 11:37am
I use a finder as well but mine has a red flashing LED on the top of both rods. you give the LED a little twist to turn them on... all you have to do is line them up as you reverse. works perfect if you have to hitch up in the dark...
I got them at Princess Auto...  not sure of locations across NA but I'm in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada.

2010 RP-172
Tow Vehicle - 2003 Rendezvous
 Post Reply Post Reply