R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Issues with RV Lock and black glass door

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote KirstenHite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Issues with RV Lock and black glass door
    Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 11:51am
Anyone with the glass door also have an RV Lock installed? If so, do you have issues with it not opening after the door has been in the sun?
Our 202 is parked in a storage lot in the full sun 🙁 and when the sun shines on the door, the lock will make a noise like it's trying to open, but it won't open (unlock). Only by using the key can we get it open.
RV Lock sent me new "brains" for the unit, but that still didn't help. I also put Energizer Lithium batteries in the lock, hoping that would help, but I still get locked out if the door is in the full sun. All other times it works perfectly.
Painted the bolt with whiteout to see if I would notice any scuffing or scraping, but the whiteout is still in tact, so I don't think it's rubbing.
seafans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote seafans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 10:12pm
I have the same issue whit my door also.  Not to the extent that you seem to.  The glass door must  swell or twist in the frame when heated in the sun.  Tempered glass acts strange when heated up.
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mjlrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2023 at 8:20am
I installed an RV lock keyless entry in my glass door 2 weeks ago. So far it's been very cool out, so no trouble. BUT when I installed it, I did have a bit of a hard time with the fit, and the slide bolt rubbing on the slide opening. Mine wouldn't open right off the bat, it was rubbing on the opening. I actually had to take my dremel and lightly grind away just a little bit of the slide bolt opening. I will wait until it warms up and see if mine develops the same problem. I'm pretty sure if you do what I did, you will no longer have trouble. I will let you know if I do have trouble.
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
 Post Reply Post Reply