R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTree Fell On Me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tree Fell On Me
    Posted: 08 May 2016 at 9:08pm
I'm not sure if anyone has had to deal with damage caused by a falling tree.  Saturday, while camping in Illinois a front came through with 60 MPH gusts and caused a tree branch to fall on my roof.  Awaiting the adjuster but I'd like to be prepared for the news (is my baby dead?).  Anyone ever had a similar situation?

Word of advice to peeps camping at State Parks in Illinois.  The state hasn't had a budget for several months and services to some of the parks has taken a hit, i.e. professional tree services aren't getting paid.  Horseshoe lake closed temporarily because the electric bill wasn't paid http://www.kfvs12.com/story/31901479/horseshoe-lake-park-re-opened-despite-il-budget-woes.  If you visit a State Park in Illinois (or anywhere for that matter) make sure you don't camp under an obviously ill tree.  

MoPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 2:10pm
Oh my, that limb was much bigger than I expected.   Hope your baby can be repaired. 

As far as budget woes, I saw similar shortcomings in a COE campground last week.  When I asked I was told they were well aware of the issues with their campground, but their budget had been cut to the bone so only mowing and janitorial work was getting done.
Bill & Nancy
2015 RPod 179
Previously 2010 RPod 176
2014 Explorer Sport
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 2:25pm
Welcome.  Doesn't look too bad to me, I've seen far, far worse damage posted here before.  They'll have to open up the roof to reinforce the edge support, then fiberglass over it all.  Any visible damage from inside?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Jules View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 2:47pm
Makes me glad we traded the tent for the pod
 Post Reply Post Reply