R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPropane quick connector on the 2017 179

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Propane quick connector on the 2017 179
    Posted: 16 May 2017 at 6:26pm
I am having trouble figuring out what connector I need. The Pod has a quick connect female fitting. I need to connect it to the grill which has the connection of the one that fits a 20 pound propane tank. How do I get from a quick disconnect to a large fitting for a propane tank?
2017.5 RPod 179
2017 Jeep Unlimited Wrangler
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Off Road Crew Cab
2 Weiner dogs
Great wife puts up with my BS
❤️ Thoroughbred Racing.
cjscinta View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 6:34pm
I used this off of one of the reviews on Amazon. Ordered the parts, works like a charm.  Remember to take off the regulator from the grill you are trying to connect. 

Obviously this isn't going to be as good to cook on as a full blown grill, but for its size and weight it's a neat grill. The heating is a little uneven, you have to be careful around the area where the solid section of the grill plate over the burner ends. At higher heats this tends to be quite a bit hotter than the rest of the grill and things will burn.

I adapted this to work with a quick connect fitting on our travel trailer and it works great. It folds down small enough to fit in one of our external storage compartments and is light enough to lift in and out without too many hassles. To do the adaption you just need an adjustable wench and some basic practical skills. I used the following parts to adapt it (see photos for detailed steps):
Anderson Metals Brass Pipe Fitting, Forged Reducing Street Elbow, 1/4" Female Pipe x 1/8" Male Pipe
Camco 59903 Propane Quick-Connect Fitting - 1/4" NPT x Full Flow Male Plug
Rectorseal 31551 1/2 Pint Brush Top Tru-Blu Pipe Thread Sealant

I used the liquid sealant because I had it from working on natural gas lines in our house. If I didn't already have it, I would have probably gone with thread tape instead - LA-CO 44080 Slic-Tite PTFE Pipe Thread Tape, Premium Grade.
2017 R-pod 179
greenpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 5:04pm
I would be curious to know how folks are connecting a Coleman propane stove to their Pod Garage gas line. 

Post Reply Post Reply