R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Help! Water leak

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jato View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Water leak
    Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 11:53am
A few more details would be helpful in troubleshooting:  where was the water spotted on the floor?  by the shower? by the kitchen sink?, You state that the plug cap was removed - do you mean the one on the FW tank or somewhere else?  You are hooked up to your home water supply and state "it's still dripping slowly" - what and where is this dripping slowly?  

The three main areas I would search for a leak on a 171 are: 1) under your kitchen sink - while pressuried run a paper towel over the H and C supply lines, also the trap under your sink and see if there is any wetness on your towel and running over each of the above areas.  2) remove grill under the door that leads to the bathroom/shower and shine a flashlight to where the trap is - look for wetness or drips under the trap - sometimes that can come loose - easy to fix by tightning the screw bands on the plastic trap.  3) Go to your HW tank and inspect to make sure it is all dry - especially the 1 1/16" drain plug and the lever that opens the vent above, if that is leaking quickly open and close - the gasket could have dried out over winter and needs a bit of lube/water to make a tight seal.  Stand back when doing that procedure if pressurized - a lot of water can escape in a moment.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
richardd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote richardd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 11:35am
Help! I found a water leak on the floor of my 2016 R-pod 171. I was hooked up to a house hose. I've never used the fill tank but I took the drain plug cap off and a lot of water came out. Turned the water back on and that worked. Maybe the previous owner had left water in the tank. So I left the plug cap off and overnight it's still dripping slowly. Is that normal? Or is the shoreline hookup leaking somehow into the tank? I don't where to look for a possible leak.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234