Topic ClosedAwning, Bathroom, & TV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mountain mist View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awning, Bathroom, & TV
    Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 1:40pm
The "hanging closet" is an effort to pass off something to use as a clothes closetLOL What a hoot.
Bathroom small enough without that thing hanging in the way. AND if full I would not able to move it out of the way each time.
So, I hang it in one of my closets in the house and use as storage.
I use laundry basket (as suggest by this forum) under the bed for clean, one for dirty. If the husband goes along he gets one for himself.
I took the rod out because it kept getting in the way of the shower curtain being pulled around.
Still having good luck with the corner shelves suggested.
How to correl my toilet brush and cleaners behind the toilet when traveling, haven't worked that one out. Not really a big deal I guess.
I am pretty proud of myself for doing the chock to chock alone and doing it right. I think I am hearing a bit of confidence hereStar
Learned how to fire up the heater since we had some mid 30 degree mornings and does not take long to get the place cosy. Does still awaken me at night when it comes on so I try to keep it way down.

Downside is watching the gas gage go DOWN , even with very moderate driving. Never have I watched and seen the gage MOVE like that.
And not being use to pulling something, I had upper back fatigue from the tension. Sure will not be able to get far very fast if I have to stop every 100 miles and walk aroundOuch

'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
peachpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 10:07am
DH and I moved the plastic hanging storage container out of the bathroom, and we lay it sideways on our bed (we keep our dinette made into a permanent bed).  At night, we simply move it to the couch.  It's not a perfect storage solution, but it works well for us.  It's better than no storage.  We keep our clothes in it. 

As for the toilet paper, we bought  a metal toilet paper stand that is basically a spiral stick - very lightweight and holds 4 rolls - got it at TJ Maxx for $4.99.  We keep it in the corner of the bathroom and just remove it when we take a shower, to avoid the possibility of it getting damp/wet.
Beth and Joe
2011 Prime Time Tracer 195M
2010 Toyota Tacoma
sylviablue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 7:51pm
We just put toilet paper in one of the web pockets.  No prob.
four peas
SP-PH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 10:14am
You can ask ozkamper at campers flea market site about all the mods he put in the pod. He has his email listed also. They are very nice indeed and works.

edit - removed javascript at bottom of post, not sure why that keeps showing up on posts - techntrek
SP-PH
misplacedtexan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 12:32pm
Hi. What size screw did you use to put these on the wall? Also where did you get them? We looked at Wal Mart but didn't see any that looked like they would work.
Misplacedtexan
2010 171
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 6:31pm
Good stuff...you've been busy!  I have that exact clock in my bathroom at home.  I can tell by the icon, in the upper right corner,  that it is checking the WWV (in Boulder, CO) to calibrate itself.
SP-PH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 11:32am
These our pictures of mods that have been added to my 177 that I bought in Aug.  from the flea market site on this forum. They were all needed mods and work great.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/11338737@N07/sets/72157624649812189/    
SP-PH
Runebane View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 10:25pm
Our paper is in the webbing on the left as you enter the shower.  With the curtain up it stayed dry.  But that was only 1 shower, I was mostly just seeing how cramped it would be showering in it.  We were at a park with facilities so we used their much more spacious shower Wink

-Runebane
RP-177
yizit View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 9:57am
We hung our toilet paper holder up high and had no problem.

Former owner of 2009 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek C190Popular

mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 10:56pm
If you go back to page 1  on this subject and check the picture that Tustin Traveler has of the plastic shower caddy, Walmart. It does fit with a little work in the left corner of the bath. Have to have the lower shelf up high enough for the pottie lid to clear when up, the TT stayed high and dry on the top because I pulled the curtain all the way around  then brought it in front of the pottie when using the shower.
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>