R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFridge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jato View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fridge
    Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 8:02pm
We didn't when we moved ours higher so that it would come on sooner.  The clip attached to it keeps it quite secure.

God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Vector1952 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 3:15pm
Not as of yet...used a very tiny office binder clip on the back fin...will do so before my bar harbor trip, don't want it falling off, thanks
Xxxx7
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Vector1952

Found out something bout raising temperature in rv fridge...based on outside temp and humidity and internal rv temp you can change the internal temp with the thermistor (the old name was the thermal coupler) it is a small sensor located on the left side of fridge and on the back plates...the idea is heat rises so if you raise the sensor up the sensor will tell the fridge that it isn't cold enough, run a little more therefore your fridge will be cooler...there is a screw holding the sensor so it must be removed...I have no more problems....hope this helps someone else.... 

Did you then drill a new hole for the screw to fasten the sensor in place?
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 9:51am

Just realized you were talking about the sensor in back of the fridge..thanks

Yes, there is a thermostat (snap switch) on the rear of the fridge for the pancake fans, and a thermister (thermostat) on the inside cooling fins. Moving the inside one, up or down, can affect the inside temps some. (as you found)
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 9:18am
Just realized you were talking about the sensor in back of the fridge..thanks
Xxxx7
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 9:04am
Found out something bout raising temperature in rv fridge...based on outside temp and humidity and internal rv temp you can change the internal temp with the thermistor (the old name was the thermal coupler) it is a small sensor located on the left side of fridge and on the back plates...the idea is heat rises so if you raise the sensor up the sensor will tell the fridge that it isn't cold enough, run a little more therefore your fridge will be cooler...there is a screw holding the sensor so it must be removed...I have no more problems....hope this helps someone else.... 
Xxxx7
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 6:50am

Hi, thanks for the explanation, I have a 2017 179...are the muffin fans outside behind the fridge on my slide? Will look for them...tnks 

Yes, they are mounted to the back of the fridge.
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 7:50pm
Hi, thanks for the explanation, I have a 2017 179...are the muffin fans outside behind the fridge on my slide? Will look for them...tnks 
Xxxx7
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 6:36pm
After owning our 177 for 4 years we had a situation like yours where the fridge temp was too high (42) inside.  First thing noted was that the fridge side was facing west, where the sun was baking that side of the camper.  To alleviate some of that heat I removed both vent panels off the side which did help.  At this time I noted for the first time I had 2 muffin fans on the back of the fridge to move air across the panels, thus cooling the fridge as well.  Unfortunately the muffin fans never came on, even though the temp behind the fridge was 90 degrees.  I took off the thermal switch and made a jumper to see if they would even work, they did.  After that I took the thermal switch and place it higher on the back of the fridge where the temp would be warmer, that seemed to take care of the problem as the muffin fans would cycle on and off depending on the amount of heat behind the fridge, also the inside temp dropped significantly to where I was now comfortable with the safety of my food.  We were boondocking at the time, the amount of electrical drain on my battery was minimal, even after 2 days with the fans running a lot.  BTW we were using propane to cool our fridge.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 4:24pm
Third post...it is now 5pm, outside temp 78 deg trailer temp inside 84 closed up temp 43 fridge is empty...trailer now open, windows and fan on 2nd position will look back later and check temperature 
Xxxx7
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>