R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDometic fridge control module 12 vdc fusing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Adam in CO View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dometic fridge control module 12 vdc fusing?
    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 11:02am
Hi, I am probably too late to the game by now, but I just had to do the same thing as Retiree-pod.  I cut the wires going to the fan which were connected to the 12V DC OUT port and applied 12v power and everything started working.  My best understanding is there is a fuse which is internal that is blown so the standard 12v power doesn't make it to the board.  The 12V DC OUT must be after that fuse so when you apply power there it powers up the board.  Just make darn sure you have now other 12v power source or you will probably double your voltage and really fry the board.  I hope this helps.
Spencer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 9:20am
Retiree-pod, I have a question on your repair of your dometic fridge. Did you leave the fuse jumper cable connected or did you replace the box. Also, can you  tell me exactly where you connected the jumper. I have a RM 8501 fridge.

Thanks
Spencerv
Retiree-Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 9:45pm
JandL, 
Thanks for the directions.  However my 2015 177, made in Nov of 2014 seems to have a different control board than the one you pointed out or any other I have found so far in searching.  I removed the control board (which was mounted on the back of the RM8501- in between the upper and lower air vents and a pain to get at.) the module is an epoxy filled type with no way to access internals.

I did some creative rewiring by installing an external fuse link and then "back feed" the 12 VDC out and fan temp switch through the external fuse and this got all working.  

Thanks again for your efforts to help me.
JandL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:06pm
Go to the "creating an instruction & maintenance manual"
drop down to "Fridge (in progress here and here and here) "
click on the third "here" it will take you to the "Refrigerator service manual" In the manual they show a glass type fuse on the PC board. On page TD S17 they show the screws to remove to access the board.

RM 8501 parts list & schematic
JandL
2013 Honda Ridgeline
2012 177
2 Paynes in a Pod
Retiree-Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 10:38pm
While checking on outside fan / temp switch I believe I blew a fuse in 12 VDC.  I had 13 VDC at fan temp switch to begin with but lost it along the way.  Inside control panel also went dark.

I measured 13.6 VDC at terminal strip inside lower outside cover.  Have 12 VDC into module but no 12 VDC out.

Anyone had module Dometic 289 0241-30 opened up and found replaceable fuses?

Very difficult to get at control module with mounting in between upper and lower outside openings.  Any tricks there?  Remove mounting screws and pull unit out with wires connected?  Cut top baffle away and then reattach?

Pod-2015 177
Fridge-Dometic RM 8501
Control module- Dometic 289 0241-30

Post Reply Post Reply