R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOutside Caulking pulling away from joint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
NoDak View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outside Caulking pulling away from joint
    Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 1:01pm
You might want to pull the middle strip out of the black edge molding, and check the screws joining the roof to the wall. Some have been known to be loose and/or missing, and the roof and wall can start separating.
Q7-retired View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 12:34pm
T-Squared, I'm not sure what is "best," but here are two options:
-- Dicor 502-LSW Self-Leveling Lap Sealant.  Good for horizontal surfaces, very much like the stuff used to seal roof penetrations.  This flows a bit, so if the hole is vertical, maybe not a good choice.  Available on Amazon.
-- Geocel 28100V Pro Flex Crystal Clear RV Flexible Sealant.  All around good stuff, again available on Amazon.  Check to make sure it is compatible with the surface.
Best regards, Jim
2015-RP178
TV 2015 Audi Q7 TDI and 2017 Ford F150
At home in "Our Pod"
T-Squared View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 10:01am
Hi Everyone, I purchased a 2017.5 179 in March and so far have loved the trailer. This forum has been an amazing help in getting me familiar with my pod and also giving me a laundry list of pod mods.

Last night I picked up the trailer from storage and noticed that the caulking on the outside wall was pulling away from the joint near the front of the trailer where the wall meets the roof panel. Anybody know what the best stuff is to fix this and where I can get it? (I'm in Alberta Canada)

We are supposed to get some rain today so I scraped off the old caulking and cleaned up the joint and put some outdoor silicone on it as a temporary fix. Hopefully that didn't make it worse.
TV 2011 Tacoma
2017.5 179
 Post Reply Post Reply