R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedcovers or no covers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
PilotPodder View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: covers or no covers
    Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 10:42am
I didn't cover my 2016 171 (recently sold) this past winter here in West Michigan, and it sat unused in the elements for about 5 months. Before winterizing and storing it, I did wash and wax the unit. I also went over to storage twice after big winter storms to brush heavy snow off the roof. I also stored the unit leaning back just slightly to ensure run off. I did research last fall on using a cover last fall and came to the conclusion that in the cloudy West Michigan cold winter, there was no huge need, and I didn't want moisture under the cover. If I lived in Florida, I probably would cover the unit and tires if not used for a while.  

The other problem with the cover is potential damage. The RV parked next to mine at storage had a cover, and I watched as their cover slowly got shredded by the wind. Eventually, their cover was whipping their units outside as it fell apart. So I would plan to replace your covers fairly often if you go that route. 
Portage, MI — 2017 RPod 179 - sold / 2017 Toyota Tundra — My RPod YouTube Videos
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 8:01am
Northeast here too. My dealer looked at me kinda funny when i asked if i need to cover it, he said we have never covered them. No idea if this is ok, or foolish, just thought i'd share
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
podzilla View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 7:54am
I am New to the R-Pod and I live in the northeast. My question is do I buy a cover for the winter or do I not cover it. If I do cover it any suggestions on covers? If I don't cover it any suggestions on prepping the outside for winter.
2018 R-Pod 178 The(Crooked Pod)
2016Jjeep Cherokee Trail Hawk
 Post Reply Post Reply