R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhere is the serial # for air conditioner?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
NHpod View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where is the serial # for air conditioner?
    Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by DavMar

I too had to get my serial numbers from FR which I think is not to great service from my RV dealer who should of provided me with all this information. From what I was led to believe the serial number for the air conditioner is on the inside of the unit which requires you to get on top your pod and remove its cover which I'm not about to do. I've also been told that your legally covered and that what all the registration is used for by the manufactures is their marketing. Think about it if you have a 1 year warranty on the air-conditioner, refrigerator, or what ever and you have a bill of sales when you bought your unit then you have all the legal proof. Maybe someone else knows but I think its called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, look it up. Hope this helps.
Thanks for that. I had that in the back of my mind. I think I will just file the papers and forget about it Smile
2018 178 R-Pod
2017 F-150 2.7 ecoboost with tow package

DavMar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 5:26pm
I too had to get my serial numbers from FR which I think is not to great service from my RV dealer who should of provided me with all this information. From what I was led to believe the serial number for the air conditioner is on the inside of the unit which requires you to get on top your pod and remove its cover which I'm not about to do. I've also been told that your legally covered and that what all the registration is used for by the manufactures is their marketing. Think about it if you have a 1 year warranty on the air-conditioner, refrigerator, or what ever and you have a bill of sales when you bought your unit then you have all the legal proof. Maybe someone else knows but I think its called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, look it up. Hope this helps.
Dave & Marlene J with Zoey the
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
Lexington, NC
NHpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by eye95

Poor service from your dealer. My dealer (Jeff Couch) provided a sheet with every serial and model #.
I agree, It would have been a simple thing to do.
2018 178 R-Pod

eye95 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 4:57pm
Poor service from your dealer. My dealer (Jeff Couch) provided a sheet with every serial and model #.

I looked for a plate with the serial number from the inside of my TT and couldn't find it.
<0>
2017 178 The "eye-Pod"
2011 Nissan Titan
NHpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 4:17pm
I have been searching for model and serial #s on all of my appliances to register the warranties. (2018 178) I called the dealer and asked if they had a build sheet and was told I had to get it from FR. I called FR and they sent it right away. Unfortunately there is no serial # for the air conditioner. I called Dometic and they told me to remove the air return and filters and "look up". I have looked at the unit, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get into it. Can someone tell me how to access the serial # so I can register it? 
Thanks.
2018 178 R-Pod

Post Reply Post Reply