R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDust Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dust Problem
    Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 3:58pm
My first trip in 178 and going thru rain I noticed water in storage compartments. Found the securing and locking mechanisms were not adjusted to seal from outside. Readjusted to make all tight, no more issues. I had one small area on bottom of Pod that was not sealed - sealed. I'd ensure front is sealed well, because a lot of dust would come from TV. Lastly I would check the roof seal between AC unit and inside. The AC does not use outside air - inside, but the seal could be not secure.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
spydie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 3:19pm
The AC doesn't draw air from outside.  It's a sealed system.  ONly cools the inside air.
2018 R-pod 176
2017 RAM 1500 5.7L Hemi
The Far Bank View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 2:39pm
Thank you for all the suggestions - and yep - we double checked everything that we could think of.  Locked the hatch, dead bolted the door, even took many extra measures using tape to seal the the vents, AC, door, and hatch.  Talking with the dealer to see what they think.  
Sharon 
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 1:36pm
When we got our 2011 177 I crawled underneath and found gaps where plumbing and such entered the cabin.  I used Great Stuff and filled all the gaps I could find and have had no problems with dust or mice (or rattlesnakes).
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
geewizard View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 1:15pm
We took our new (gray/blue) R-Pod 177 HRE on quite a few gravel roads with loads of dust without any getting inside.  Everything was closed up including the storage hatches which were locked.  On our 177, the storage hatches don't seal properly unless they are locked. 

It's odd that your 179 did this, I think.  Sure you had the bathroom vent closed tight?
2021 Winnebago Micro Minnie 1708FB
2017 R-Pod 177 (Blue) HRE SOLD
2004 Outfitter Apex 8 camper
2014 Toyota Tundra DC
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 11:30am
Welcome to the group!! Congrats on your 179!! We noticed a little dust when on back roads with our 171 way back. we got a clear sealer and put a beede around the inside of the frame of the side storage doors for the pass thru storage. Not sure if that is your problem but a possible place to start. 
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
The Far Bank View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 9:31am
Hello - we are new Rpod 179  owners and just got back from our first trip.  We purchased the Hood River Off Road Edition because we like to do just that - get off road.  We love the camper but had one issue with it and have come looking for advice.  

Dust inside the camper! and a lot of it.  Inside cabinets, drawers, on linens, the bathroom...   We of course expect a certain amount.  We traveled this same route last year in our Hallmark truck camper with no such dust issues.  We checked all of the obvious - open window, vent, or cracked door - all latched appropriately.  Have others experienced this?  Is it a dealer issue or do we need to live with it?  What have others done to remedy the problem or at least make it more reasonable.

Thanks
Sharon
 Post Reply Post Reply