R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBroken Fan Casing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
NWRPodder View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broken Fan Casing
    Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 1:13pm
Thank you for the feedback on this issue. Apologies for the late replies. I did get confirmation this solely cosmetic and doesn't impact water leaking through the top. 

Can I assume that replacing this is as easy as unscrewing the pieces and putting a new trim piece in? Or does it require actually removing more than that? I would check myself except we don't store the pod at home so I don't have quick access. 

Thanks again in advance for any help here. 
2016 R178
2007 Ford Expedition V8 5.4L
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 7:26am
I have an all-weather cover on mine from CAMCO, I believe. I can leave vent open and it is not affected by wind or rain.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 7:19pm
Call Fantastic Breeze. Their customer service is top notch. And no, you shouldn't have any moisture issues because of that.
NWRPodder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 7:12pm
Hi folks.

I had my first wind incident. At least I believe that is what happened as I am not sure what else would have caused it. Before we started our last trip the inside of the vent fan looked fine. Near the end I looked up and realized I have two cracks on the inside of the casing. See photos. We had some really strong wind gusts and for the first few hours I left the vent cover pretty open plus it was in the direction for the wind to push up under it, not over it. Ouch

Anyway, I will eventually look to get it fixed and I assume it's only cosmetic and not an issue if I left it this way as far as potential moisture or rain water coming in though it. Is that a correct assumption regarding water coming in?

If you are reading this and haven't had this issue yet take this as a reminder to batten down the hatches as soon as the wind goes anything past light breezes. Smile 

2016 R178
2007 Ford Expedition V8 5.4L
 Post Reply Post Reply