R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNewbie questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie questions
    Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by MadCity

Does the R-POD have an inverter? And related - do the 120V plugs work when the R-Pod is not plugged in at a camp site?
No inverter, but you can add one if you're handy. Nope. You need shore power for the 120 to work (unless you install an inverter Wink )

Does the Tow Vehicle charge the R-Pod battery when the trailer is plugged in to the tow vehicle?
Depends on the TV. "Most" TVs with a 7-pin plug will supply 12V to charge/run your R-pod when connected. A few will disconnect the 12V when the engine is turned off. Some others will keep the 12V "connected" such that you might risk running down the battery on the TV. YMMV, be sure you know how your TV treats this detail.

I assume the battery is charged when the R-Pod is plugged in to electrical power at the camp site. Is that correct?
Correct.

Thanks! Just learning. Hope these aren't dumb questions, because I'm sure I'll have lots more!Embarrassed
No problem. We are all here to help, and we all seem to enjoy it!

Enjoy your new 'pod!
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
sailor323 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 8:50pm
No, the pod does not have an inverter.  Yes and no, the tow vehicle charges the pod's battery.  Some vehicles do and some don't.  You will have to check the 7 pin connector to see if it does.  Yes, when pugged in, the battery is charged 
MadCity View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 8:38pm
Two totally newbie questions:

Does the R-POD have an inverter? And related - do the 120V plugs work when the R-Pod is not plugged in at a camp site?

Does the Tow Vehicle charge the R-Pod battery when the trailer is plugged in to the tow vehicle?

I assume the battery is charged when the R-Pod is plugged in to electrical power at the camp site. Is that correct?

Thanks! Just learning. Hope these aren't dumb questions, because I'm sure I'll have lots more!Embarrassed
2018 R-Pod 176T
2008 Honda Pilot AWD
 Post Reply Post Reply