R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAdditional tank and hi pressure line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Additional tank and hi pressure line
    Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 8:59am
I have a 59123, they are 75 bucks at AMAZON, comes with 2 hoses, allows me to run a propane appliance and/or an aux tank. Mounts in few minutes, and I carry my aux tank unmounted.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 8:41am
Check out the CAMCO RV 4 Port Propane Adapter, mounts before the regulator, and allows you to run a propane device off the existing tank(s), also allows you to run of an aux tank. Sure Amazon has them. One is a 59125 I believe.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 7:58am
Originally posted by garyd

2017 rpod 179     I want to add an additional propane tank. I also want to run a high pressure line to the female quick connect fitting on the trailer tongue to run a stove.

can I utilize the existing female quick connect fitting on the tongue and hose that carries low pressure and convert to high pressure?  How do I configure the a  new auto changeover valve and get high pressure off the tank? I assume I have to add an additional t fitting of some kind but i am afraid that the length of the regulator and the fitting will be to long and the cover will not fit. 

If you want to pull high pressure from a mounted tank, that is connected to a regulator.. you have to make your connection BEFORE the regulator. You cannot tie the high pressure system in to the low pressure system in any way.

Assuming you want to run a cookstove or grill of some sort, the easiest and cheapest method is just to change the grill etc to low pressure. This is done by removing it's built in regulator. YouTube is full of videos and links on how to do this.
RobnCari View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 11:25pm
I don't think what you want to do is advisable or safe. it would require over riding safety features.
2006 Toyota Tacoma 4WD AC
2018 RP 179
garyd View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 7:38pm
2017 rpod 179     I want to add an additional propane tank. I also want to run a high pressure line to the female quick connect fitting on the trailer tongue to run a stove.

can I utilize the existing female quick connect fitting on the tongue and hose that carries low pressure and convert to high pressure?  How do I configure the a  new auto changeover valve and get high pressure off the tank? I assume I have to add an additional t fitting of some kind but i am afraid that the length of the regulator and the fitting will be to long and the cover will not fit. 

gary
 Post Reply Post Reply