R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCheck Valve,Water Pump,Stuck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jimqbaum View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Check Valve,Water Pump,Stuck
    Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:47pm
I gotta say that the check valve design looked kinda flimsy and poorly designed.  
Have A Blessed Day
Pod 171
Ram Hemi tow truck. Got rid of the Jeep Wrangler. It was puny and girly
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:40pm
I attempted to fix my original pump at least 10 times, finally replaced the pump. Never could identify the issue. New pump, no problem. It would go days without water in FW tank and the next day fill to 2/3rds. Nothing was clogging it and the valve looked good, it leaked.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
jimqbaum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:26pm
I was in the process of de winterizing the Pod today and when I hooked up the water to the city connection and turned it on. All was going well until I turned off all the faucets and listened for leaks. I heard a hissing sound that is representative of a water leak. Me being a Master Plumber these sort of sounds get my immediate attention. The hissing sound was coming from the low point drain area and so one would only think that there was a cracked water line that must have not got all the water out of it for the de winterizing process. Further investigation revealed that the hissing sound was water flowing through the water pump and thusly filling up the fresh water tank via a stuck check valve in the water pump. I took a nylon tipped hammer and beat the water pump to no avail. Now it's time to take the water pump apart and inspect the check valve. The darn thing looked fine and it did not appear to be stuck?
Out come the plumbers faucet grease. This grease is a sort of non water solvent grease that is food grade. Put it all back together and that did the trick. I did read about this problem on several RV sites, so it must me systemic to the pump. 
Have A Blessed Day
Pod 171
Ram Hemi tow truck. Got rid of the Jeep Wrangler. It was puny and girly
 Post Reply Post Reply