R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedfitting failure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: fitting failure
    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 8:05am
+1 on the diagnosis and the recommendation for replacing. We did not have that happen as I am dilligent about winterizing. However, I disliked both the kitchen sink and faucet that came with our 2016 RP179, so I replaced them both. It does not take much to upgrade the kitchen faucet. I still have the original sitting in a drawer in my shop. I need to throw it away as it will probably never be reinstalled unless I want to sell our R-Pod and upgrade to something with a walk-around bed. That is so far in the future right now that I would probably want to buy a new faucet anyway though. You can see the faucet (and sink) in my mods (link in signature).
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 7:20am
LOL.. yes if you don't winterize, stuff can (and usually does) break.

The toilet valve didn't pull apart, it broke clean. In 8 years of spring "my toilet valve broke" posts, no one has had any repair hold, for any real length of time. I would hop on amazon and order the complete replacement valve.

To work on the sink, unscrew the remaining water line from sink connections, then reach up and unscrew the plastic mounting "rings" and pull the faucet out from the top. Everything under there is supposed to be hand tight. Then you will be able to see what and where it broke. Might be a nice opportunity to stop by the hardware store of you choice and upgrade to real not all plastic faucet.
vector_victor View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 10:39pm
So I have to preface that I did not use anitfreeze over the winter.

I turned on the water pump today and two fittings (so far) just simply detatched (2017 172). The fitting for water into the toilet simply pulled out. The fitting is just a smooth tube into the toilet molding with threads for the water line. I epoxyed the fitting in and turned the pump on again - this time the fitting for the hot water into the kitchen sink faucet just pulled out. This one's a bit trickier - advice please. So there's a threaded cap to the faucet (under the sink) in which the plastic nipple inserts through a metal and plastic washer in the threaded cap. The plastic nipple simply pulled out of the cap when I turned on the water. I can't seem to properly fit the nipple through the two washers in the cap to make it hold... any advice? New fitting? New washer?

Are these fitting failures due to lack of antifreeze? There is no evidence of cracking or splitting of parts. My old cab-over I simply emptied the tank, ran the pump, and blew out the lines....

Thanks for your input!

Post Reply Post Reply