R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKitchen sink drain disconnect

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mirado View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kitchen sink drain disconnect
    Posted: 08 May 2018 at 7:34pm
Thanks jato
Miriam and Doug
2015 Rpod 181G
Silverado 1500
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 7:16pm
Our 177 has standard plumbing sizes.  To be safe, once you get home I would pull that flexible hose out and take it to your local hardware store and have them size it up to get the right size/length you are looking for.  Will definitely be cheaper than going to an RV store to purchase the same item.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Mirado View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 5:25pm
We took our 2015 181G out for a long weekend.  On our second day, my wife ran water in the kitchen sink (in the slide-out), and I just happened to be outside on the back side of the pod and noticed water dripping onto the ground.  I ran inside and found water seeping out on the floor from under the slide-out cabinetry.  I grabbed my tools and removed the interior paneling and found that the flexible drain hose connecting from the sink trap was completely disconnected, allowing the sink to drain directly into the cabinet and to the floor.

After mopping up all of the water (it wasn't really very much), I reconnected the hose, making sure the collar around the compression washer was extra tight.  We placed a fan under the cabinet and let it run for the next whole day.  Today, as we were readying to head back home, I inspected the drain after running the slide back in, and found it to be pulled extremely tight, no doubt the cause of the problem.  

My question here is 'where can I get a longer piece of the flexible hose'?  Is it a standard plumbing component or an RV specialty part?

Thanks all.
Miriam and Doug
2015 Rpod 181G
Silverado 1500
 Post Reply Post Reply