R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGetting ready for camping season

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jato View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting ready for camping season
    Posted: 13 May 2018 at 5:10am
We have owned our 177 since March 2011.  The only place we have had to re-do is on the roof around the 2 vents (we opted for no A/C), the pipe for the toilet and the antenna.  After the 4th year we noticed some cracks developing in these areas and after cleaning them applied Dicor self-leveling sealant to the areas.  IMHO if you see cracks that are more than hairline in size, I would re-seal to be safe.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
happywifehappylife View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 7:42pm
I may be naive, but how can I determine if an exterior seam is in need of resealing? What does a previously sealed seam look like if it is in danger of leaking? I have an early 2016 Pod 179, and it has been stored for one winter uncovered and one winter covered with a cover made for a 179. In western Oregon we have moisture, but we are not subject to the extremes of heat or cold that other areas or states experience. Would the western Oregon climate not cause the need for resealing perhaps because the more mild climate doesn't cause cracks to develop? I just don't know what it looks like if it needs resealing. There have been no leaks inside to date. We've had it out several times in 2016 and 2017, but don't want to take a chance on leaks developing in 2018. Any ideas that will help me keep the Pod as clean and available as possible?
 Post Reply Post Reply