R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2010 151 rear light "spoiler" came unglued

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tallbald View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2010 151 rear light "spoiler" came unglued
    Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:03pm
We heard back from  the factory, and understand that now the spoilers are screwed down. They said for us NOT to screw ours down because it would cause lots of future problems (maybe changed assembly methods?),  but rather to loosen the screws at both ends, use aircraft adhesive and sealant to secure the spoiler down then re-screw the ends. I'll search Amazon for a good adhesive to use. May though just loosen the ends replace the foam double sided adhesive tape and re-screw the ends. Thanks again. Don.
Tallbald View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:47pm
Thanks folks. Here's a photo. Our zoning laws are crazy and we cannot fit a shelter on our suburban lot to better cover "Ladybug" so we fear this may happen again with our Southern Kentucky heat. You see we are crowded.
I've got a photo out to "Heather" at Forest River to ask what the factory suggest in this case. I'll share what I hear.
Thanks. Don.

voisj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 3:38pm
My 2016 has screws all the way across the top and the bottom of the spoiler, with the top also being sealed with dicor from end-to-end. The bottom is not sealed, apparently to let any water that does get in out. Are you saying that you do not have screws across the top, only on the ends?
SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA
2016 180 HRE, 2013 F150 Eco Boost

GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 1:25pm
Ours has screws holding it in place. I think short sheet metal screws can be used along with a judicial application of Dicor. Make sure the wire access hole is caulked, and I think it's better to leave the bottom uncaulked so that any water that might get in has a way to drain out.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
Tallbald View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 12:35pm
Hi folks ad thank you for allowing me to join the forum. WHen we uncovered our 2010 model 151 for the first time this season we saw that the rear spoiler that has the LED running lights had apparently gotten hot in the weather and expanded. The spoiler had popped loose and up from the camper skin. Looks tohave been attached with double sided adhesive foam. No cracks seen. Can his be repaired without drilling for anchor screws into the skin? The ends are screwed in the corner seam (factory apparently). Suggestions please? Thanks. Don
 Post Reply Post Reply