R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSewer hose carrier cover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Benny View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sewer hose carrier cover
    Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:56pm
I took the door off of the tube for the sewer hose, and the elbow is left on the end of the hose when it is stored in the tube. The elbow sticks out, and is pointed up. I cut a nylon dog collar in half, and attached each piece to either side of the tube with a hose clamp. The collar is then coupled  together around the elbow, and it and the hose stay in the tube while traveling. This way I do not have to remove and store the elbow.
Benny
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 4:19pm
Not much of a help, but when you get a replacement, put a piece of Gorilla tape over the hinge area to reinforce it. As for the locking tab,  you can't put Gorilla tape there as it would prevent you from opening and closing the carrier.you may be trying to cram too much hose in there. If you can't shut the door easily, then it is putting a lot of stress on both the hinge pins and locking tab. If you can find the stiff hose that you can collapse and it stays that way (like the Rhino Flex Hose), then once you get it to fit, then it is not stressing the hinge pins or locking tab. Since you probably already have the elbow, you could save some money by purchasing the 10' extension hose unless you want the new elbow and storage caps. Even so, you may need to shorten it a little to fit the carrier. At least it is easy to do so with the Rhino Flex hose.

You can order a replacement door also. Valterra Sewer Hose Carrier Replacement Door. When you go to the page, there is no picture for the single door. Mouse over the "4" option and a picture will show. It is cheaper to order four individual ones than the four pack. When I had to replace one, I could not find the door alone and had to get both the door and the bracket. However, it looks like all you need is a new door.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Ephi82 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 3:02pm
Probably not surprising to anyone, one of the covers to the hose carrier fell apart with both the cheap plastic hinge posts and the locking tab breaking after about three uses.  Any suggestions for a better solution?  Thanks

Grillin and Chillin
Glamping and Amping
Driving and Smiling
 Post Reply Post Reply