R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: RVQ mount with quick connect to propane on tongue
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRVQ mount with quick connect to propane on tongue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JerryCk View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: RVQ mount with quick connect to propane on tongue
    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 6:08pm
I took some more pictures to provide more detail. You may notice that we had a little snow overnight.
JerryCk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 8:55am
The RVQ and its carrier ride on the J rail by gravity. They would have to be secured with a strap. It only takes a minute to set everything up. I stow the carrier and RVQ in the rear cargo area (they fit thru the hatch). I tuck the gas umbilical behind the batteries.
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 5:56am
Ditto!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 3:58am
Looks great!  When you're towing the work table gets stowed obviously. Do you need to stow the RVQ as well or can it stay in place? 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
JerryCk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 11:15pm

After losing my Aliner to a falling tree I was able to salvage the J rail and carrier frame for my RVQ, plus the hose and quick connect for the propane.  The easiest place to set these up on the Rpod appeared to be off the wishbone of the tongue. In my scrap pile, I had a set of tracks and mounts for an overhead door so I used them to make a frame to permanently mount the J rail. The uprights are the uncut top angles and the backsides are cut pieces of rail, clamped on the wishbone with 5/16” carriage bolts. The white J rail is bolted to the uprights with ¼” machine bolts whose heads have been ground slightly to fit into the J rail channel.

The gas supply to the trailer cabin runs from the regulator thru a hose to a ½” male flare bulkhead fitting behind the batteries. I ordered these two fittings to insert a 1/2x1/2x3/8 inch reducing tee into the cabin supply line at the bulkhead: SupplyHouse.com, 130 Spagnoli Rd, Melville, NY 11747; F40-039 (44-886) 1/2" x 3/8" Brass Reducing Flare Tee $4.75; F40-096 (70-8) 1/2" Brass Female Flare Swivel $4.55; Shipping and Handling $4.95; Total $14.25

The supply line to the RVQ runs from the tee to the quick connect at the RVQ.

I had some laminate counter material, so I made a work surface that mounts alongside the RVQ. It has a 2-¼” hole that slips over the top of the hitch jack, and a diagonal brace running from the wishbone up to a block under the work surface. Everything is held in place by gravity!

Post Reply Post Reply