R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWarranty work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kotasnana View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warranty work
    Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 5:26pm
Thanks.
Runebane View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 9:14am
Pay a notary to notarize a dated letter to Forest River about the issue.    1) That proves that you legally informed them before your warranty ran out that you had this issue and tried to get them to fix it under the warranty and 2) anything that smells of a lawyer usually gets the ball rolling faster ;)

My 2 cents

/edit oh and of course make copies of the letter!  Make sure you get confirmation of delivery of the letter as well.
RP-177
sylviablue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 8:20pm
Wow.  This kind of service (or lack thereof) seems most unusual for Forest River.  They've been pretty good about helping people get their problems fixed.  I have heard people mention AC leaks on the other forum.  Maybe you can check there and see what became of them.  
four peas
kotasnana View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 2:10pm
We took our pod in for warranty work after having major leaking on the inside from the air conditioner. We had to keep a bowl under the air at the ERU and empty it often. Susan from Forrest River is refusing to replace the unit stating that it is not documented where they have ever replaced a unit or had problems with the Air conditioner in those units .I have spoke to others about the this same problem. I love my pod but will never buy another Forrest River product if it is this difficult to get serviced. This Air conditioner has been used 2-3 times and has leaked twice...I feel they are trying to put us off because our warranty runs out in August which is very disappointing being the first and only thing we have requested from our warranty.
 Post Reply Post Reply