R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCheap mod to 171 dinette ledge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Woodmiester View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheap mod to 171 dinette ledge
    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 5:24pm
You do not need to replace the foam in the cushions.  I thought I would first, try to wrap the existing foam in “cushion wrap” which you can find in any fabric store.  Boy what a difference.  Gave us just what we’re were looking for!   Very very comfortable now.
Swampfox
frozebubba View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 3:16pm
2016 RP171 - Someone must have thought of this before but I got tired of searching with no results.  Apologies to others who got this mod before I did.  The ledge at the end of the dinette table is a pain in the ribs if you try to sit back in the corner.  I used closed cell pipe insulation foam to create a cushion on the edge of the ledge and it made a huge improvement in comfort.  I wound up with 1 3/4" OD and 3/4" ID pipe insulation after trying smaller and larger diameters. I would advise against the self sticking version of the pipe insulation as it will be a mess to remove the glue and bits of foam if you want to remove the ledge cushions.  I cut the lengths of pipe insulation on each side to just fit with the table drawn as close to the bench as possible.  PM me if you want a photo.  Now to replace the "foam" in the factory dinette cushions! 
 Post Reply Post Reply