R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAc fan motor loose

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ac fan motor loose
    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 6:15pm
You did the right thing by adding Locktite to the threads. That should help. We have a 2016 RP179, and have not noticed this. The dealer that "repaired" it should have done this or added lock washers. I would think that this was a Monday morning or Friday afternoon unit. A properly assembled one should not do that.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Kahonu37 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 3:36pm
I was curious to find out if any one else has had this problem:

We have a 2018 RPOD 179 with a DOMETIC 13,500 BTU AC. Our first trip was to Newfoundland, summer of 2019, did not use the AC much. Upon returning to the US, we began to notice a rattle noise in the AC when used. When we returned to Florida, took it to the dealer as it was covered under warranty. Allegedly repaired it.

We had planned to return to Newfoundland this year but due  COVID 19 it was impossible, so we are cruising thru the south. After a few state park the AC began to rattle again, I could reach up thru the duct and actually move the fan motor and it would stop. Only to start rattling again when we reached our new camp site. We finally able to get on the roof and remove the AC cowling, and discovered that both bolts that held the fan motor in place had vibrated out. Our fix was to reinsert bolts with lock tight on the threads, hopefully this will do the trick. Fan motor is not rattling at this time.

I am wondering what causes the screws to back out? Is the RPOD bouncing around to much? Poor design of the AC? Poor workmanship of the AC?

We cruise around 63 mph on the freeways and about 5 mph under posted speeds. Really slow on dirt roads, ets. No rush no hurry.

2018 179
2012 NISSAN XTERRA (retired 12/19)
2019 RAM 1500 WARLOCK (new)
A.R.E. V Series Topper
WDH Equalizer 600/6000
Kahonu37 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 2:49pm
2018 179
2012 NISSAN XTERRA (retired 12/19)
2019 RAM 1500 WARLOCK (new)
A.R.E. V Series Topper