R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhite hose storage ideas?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Grandpa Hiker View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: White hose storage ideas?
    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 2:35pm
The following will prove that I have a serious OCD issue. 

1. I attached a 5x5 plastic fence post (painted black) to the underside of my 179. I attached a cap on the curb side & made a removable cap on the street side.

2. I cut my white hose into 5 ft. long sections & installed male & female ends on each section. 

3. The 5 ft. hose sections easily slide into the 4x4 fence post.

4. At the campsite I spray each hose end with hydrogen peroxide & connect however many sections that I need to reach from the Pod to the campsite hose bibb. 

This way I don't have to deal with a curled up hose & I don't have excess hose laying around. I told you that I have OCD issues!! 
Rob & Becky
2014 Ford Explorer 3.5 SOHC V6
2015 R-179 Pod aka Piddle Pod

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain!!"
Markie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 12:12pm
We roll up the potable water hose, connect it together and store in rear pass through with our power cord, blocks and jacks. For sanitary separation of Sewage hoses I found a modification on the forum to mount a 5x5 square PVC fence post sleeve ($30 @ lowes). The sleeve is mounted under the camper and used to store a Rhinoflex sewer hose. The plan uses a piece of Vinyl gutter as a drawer for easy access. This frees up the factory sewer hose storage for an expandable water hose and spray nozzle for rinsing. It works great, no sewer related items go inside the pod.      
Mark & Vicki
R-POD 178 & 2015 Silverado 5.3L
Weimeraner "Zeke"
Buffalohunter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 3:20pm
What works best for me...3 snap shut bins one with the electrical, chocks, level blocks, bungees, and other trailer stuff. One for my tools/garage like items and the third a plastic bucket with a lid for my collapsable hose, filter, and other plumbing goodies, gloves etc. all three are secured in the back of the pickup. Drop the tailgate...boom there it all is waiting to jump into action. Only my sewer hose is stored under the pod in the tube provided
R-pod-2020 189
2013 Toyota Tacoma
JR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 11:59am
I purchased expanding hoses (50' ones) at walmart and use it for my fresh water connection and after it has shrunk up put the ends together and wind it up like an electrical cord (around your hand and elbow) then bungee it up and store it on top of the lp tank inside of the plastic lp housing...working well keeping water out of the storage area also store the water filter in the same spot. 
Jay

179/2019
Woodmiester View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 10:57am
i purchased two 14x14x3 plastic Containers.  Very nice fit in the storage area.
Swampfox
Pod People View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 10:05am
We use a standard sheetrock bucket with an aftermarket screw on lid.  We have one bucket for all water items-hose, filter, pressure reduction valve, extra short clean hose and spray nozzle.  We have a second bucket for all electrical items-power cord, surge protector etc.  We carry the buckets in the pod while traveling and keep them under the pod while camping.  We can also use them for small tables while sitting around the fire or short stools to help in putting on the rdome.
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
1nana2many View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 9:09am
We use a restaurant bus tub to hold our hoses. We also connect the two ends together(prevents water leaks and contamination) and use 12” gear ties (from Home Depot, etc.) to wrap around hoses. A heavy duty plastic slip sheet between black/fresh hoses and electric cord. Bleach wipes are a part of our dump station process...
The mountains are calling and we must go...O.D., Keith & Jody
2016 RP179= O.D. (Olive Drab)
2008 Coachman Captiva
1993 Jayco 1206 popup
2016 F150 Supercrew
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 8:43am
I roll up my hoses, and tie it up with some velcro straps I bought at walmart called " wrap-it ". I use the straps on my hoses, and powers cords to help keep them somewhat neat. I store everything in the pass thru storage.
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 7:34am
All places we have been to have a hose that is at the dump station that you can use to rinse out your sewage hose.  
Ron & Shirley
2020 Tacoma
2012 177 rpod
Badweissenbier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 7:14am
Bought a small white outdoor wash tub from Wally World.
Probably 12 x 16 or 20 about 8-10 inches tall. I keep all my freshwater stuff in it in the outside storage.
My flush hose is kept completely separate and away from the clean stuff even though it never touches funky stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>