R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUnder Sink Caulking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ribet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Under Sink Caulking
    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 7:40pm
Forest River quality control missed mine also. Noticed counter swelling up so I forced sealer under counter between sink and all good now. How I missed it for a year. Who knows. 
JR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 10:15am
On my 2019 179 I have an undermount metal sink.  There have been posts on the forum of the joint between the sink and counter top leaking causing moisture to pernitrate the counter top and also causing the sink to become detached from the counter top.  The sink falls into the cupboard while traveling and anything left in the sink while traveling is all over the place.  A couple of mods, first reinstall the sink on top of the counter (making it an above mounted sink) and seal the top mounting so water will not run under the sink's lip.  Or what I chose to do is brace the sink from underneath with wood attached to the sides of the cabinetry and replace the silicone between the sink's lip and the bottom of the counter.  Lastly put a bead of silicone around the joint where the counter top cut out meets the sink's lip.  That bead of silicone had loosened up on mine before I did my repair.

Hope this helps
Jay

179/2019
SailorDude View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 9:57am
Caulking question.  I just bought a 2018 RP176.  I see people complaining about the sink to counter caulking failing and cause moisture issue in the counter top particle board.   My question is should I be able to see the caulking between the sink and the counter top when looking down at the joint from above the sink?  I can't see any caulking at all.  I'm now wondering if forest river forgot to put any caulking in there on my rpod.  Can anyone confirm if I should be able to see caulking?
 Post Reply Post Reply