Topic ClosedRpod 180 To Rpod 192

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Dirt Sifter View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rpod 180 To Rpod 192
    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 10:40pm
I couldn't get our tv to work whether the button was pushed in or not and regardless of which outlet the connection was screwed into. The radio worked independently, but not the speakers. We changed to a tv that could play its own DVD's and forgot the over the air stuff. After the trailer was broken into and the tv was pulled off the wall and wires cut, the dealership that did the repairs rewired everything from the antenna forward thru the radio/speaker assembly to the tv so things actually worked together. It can happen.
Greg n Deb 2020 195 HRE
'07 Tundra 5.7L., '17 Tacoma 3.5L. Both with tow packages
1 Puggle, 1 Chihuahua support staff
debndave View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 2:04pm
interesting that you have issues with the tv playing correctly...  in ours we have no problem with music (CD or flash drive) but when playing DVDs we invariably lose either the sound or the video signal at some point...  irritating...  i haven't dug into it enough to sort it out but i'm assuming some kind of connection issue or wire...  wondering how common it is for these problems?  not that i'm in the pod for the video but it does rain from time to time...  
da ve
AugiePal View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 12:10pm
The wife and I are both recently retired. I was a union electrician in Chicago. My wife worked at retail clothing stores.

Bought a Rpod 180 in 2019. Traveled in it quite a bit, from Illinois to Arizona twice and Illinois to South Dakota twice and from Illinois to Kansas.once.I towed it with a 2019 Chevy Traverse.

Had the normal screws vibrating loose. The only major problem was the under mounted kitchen sink breaking loose. Forest River only used the edge of some screws to hold it in place, not a steel tab like your normal kitchen sink in your house.. Since the screws ripped out, I mounted the sink above the counter and sealed it in place with silicone sealant.

A month ago I traded the Rpod 180 in for a Rpod 192. The 192 model was hard to find due to that fire at Forest River. The wife really liked the murphy bed. We took it on one trip from Illinois to South Dakota. Just two minor issue, the screws on the screen door hinges came loose and the TV wasn't wired right to play through the stereo, but that was easy to fix.

On our first trip with the 192 we ran into another couple with a 192. They bought theirs earlier in the year and it had a sealed glass front window. Our 192 has a plastic front window that opens.

Augie

Post Reply Post Reply