Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRPod 190 due any day...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
RFrog View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: RPod 190 due any day...
    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 4:34pm
Congratulations on the 192!  I'm new to towing a travel trailer as well - starting with a 180 to get our feet wet, so to speak.  I liked the Murphy Bed configuration as well, but my TV is a Wrangler.  Anything bigger than a 180 is too heavy for my Jeep. I dumped a ton of $$ into super cute interior decor, but then slowly started buying things like stackable shelves and organizational tubbies, etc. Remember to have FUN while you are camping and the organization, shelf/drawer lining, all the "stuff" will come in time.  It sounds like you at least have it at your home, where I need to store mine - so that will make  a huge difference in opportunities for getting it all set up and ready to go.  Best of Luck!
~dani~ 2019 RP180 purchased 5/15/21; towed by 2014 Willys Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Ridgerunner View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 9:10pm
Thanks for the welcome folks!  I like the layout of the ones with the Murphy bed, but every extra foot and pound weight is a possible concern for my driveway...it’s a corkscrew gravel driveway up the side of a small mountain.  One of my switchbacks has a large level area where I had a metal building put up to provide some overhead protection. I’ll have to post a pic.
AugiePal View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 6:35pm
Wife and I had a 180 for 3 years. We looked at the 190 this year and I really like it. I was amazed it was just under 3000 pounds. My wife liked the 192 due to the murphy bed. So happy wife, happy life, we ended up getting the 192.

Congratulations on the 190. It's a really nice trailer! Enjoy!
2019-2021 Rpod 180
2021 Rpod 192
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 6:29pm
Yes the Blue Ox is a weight distribution hitch with sway control. I think you will find both features useful, the wdh function improves your ride and handling. Be sure to spend the time to understand how it works and set it up properly. Have fun!
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 6:14pm
Congrats on the 190. I'm picking up my new 196 tomorrow.
Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 3:40pm
I'm pretty sure the sway bar includes a WDH.  It shows up on purchase order as the Blue Ox Sway Pro. 
I never heard about moving the torque wrench to 0 after use, but it makes some sense from the perspective of spring settling.  Thanks for that bit of info!  Ironically, I spent some time in the assembly of jet engines early in my career and we had strict guidelines around use of and regular calibration of torque wrenches.  Since they were recalibrated on a schedule, it obviously wasn't an issue (or the non-conformance would raise a flag on what equipment was torqued with that wrench) and in fact, they were marked to make sure the adjustment wasn't modified during the weeks or so of use and non-use.
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 2:12pm
Congratulations on your new 'baby.'  Am sure it will come in at more than 8 pounds and 21" in length.LOL

Any a sway bar is a smart move IMHO.  For the first 8 years pulling our 177 we utilized a $ 50 Curt anti-sway bar with a couple different Ford Explorer's w/o incident.  The past three years we have been pulling the same 177 with a F-150 with zero issues.  Others will chime in and tell you to get a WDH for a smoother ride.  For me I am comfortable with the above and after 36,000 miles and all sorts of road and weather conditions it works for me.

Keep that torque wrench set at "0" if you aren't using it please.  But you probably already knew that.  Only set it for 100# when you are actually going to use it.  Our 177 came with 3/4" lug nuts and I had to got a 1/2" drive 'thinwall' because the style of wheel wouldn't allow a standard socket to fit.  Best to check what kind/style of wheels are coming with that 190 and also bring a few sockets with you just to double check before spending money on something you may not need.  At least it will save you a return trip getting a refund.

God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 1:18pm
Hey folks, wife and I are expecting...even at our retired age! Oh right, we're expecting our RPod has been delivered soon and hopefully within the coming week or so.  Will only be our second RV, had a fifth wheel Montana about 15 yrs ago but didn't travel that much (mostly for work) and sold after about 2 years.  Looking forward to making some great trips and memories in our RPod and sharing with and learning from folks like here. Will be pulling with a Colorado Z71 crew cab and having dealer install a Blue Ox sway bar. Is the sway bar overkill??, whatcha think?  
Purchased (or had) following items, think of anything I missed that may need ordered ?
- Camco 30 amp Power Defender
- Valterra EZ Coupler 20 ft Sewer Hose Kit
- Sewer hose holder
- Inline water pressure requlator
- 2 sets of water hose, white potable and green non-potable.
- Dumble RV leveling block
- Pair of wheel chocks
- Hopkins hitch level
- Various tools...just in case

Oh...question...I have a torque wrench set to 100 ft lbs to check during our initial and couple follow on trips, but don't know what size the lugs will be, so if you know...much appreciated.  My wife talked to salesman and he told her "...the same size as your truck"...I highly doubt that!! Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply