R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Exterior Shower Door Replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
gpokluda View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote gpokluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exterior Shower Door Replacement
    Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 7:35am
Glad it all worked out.
Gpokluda
2017 Rpod 179(sold 2023)
2022 Escape 5.0TA
2022 Ford F150 4X4 3.5EB
Kawasaki KLR650
IL-Podders View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote IL-Podders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2024 at 6:09pm
I checked with a two dealers nearby and was told that they did not have the door cover that I needed.  My third call was to Outpost RV in Middleberry, IN, where we bought our unit and they told me that they didn’t have just the door but did have the entire unit.  Their price was less than I would have paid for just the door so we took a day and drove there to pick up the unit.  I was stunned when I opened the bag and saw that the unit they were selling me even contained the faucet, the hose and the shower head.  I took the door off the new unit and put it on my pod.  Problem solved. Smile
Marv-N-Kathy
2015 179 RPod
2016 Chevy Tahoe
IL-Podders View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote IL-Podders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2024 at 9:24am
Time/sun/weather have taken a toll on the door of my 179's exterior shower.  It has become brittle and the material around the hole that holds the lock mechanism fell apart.  I have looked @ etrailer and they have two that are close in size.  One is by Phoenix and the other is manufactured by B&B.  I recently ordered a new cover for the satellite/cable tv hookups (same side of trailer) and that was a B&B item.  Has anyone had to replace their door in the past, and if so, which one did you use.
Thanks
Marv-N-Kathy
2015 179 RPod
2016 Chevy Tahoe
 Post Reply Post Reply