Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Owner of 177
    Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 9:39pm
Gadget you are always welcome to hang out here.  We'll be in Orlando next week too, where will you be staying?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
TravelingTeacher View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 5:24pm

Good idea.  That's the same thing I did in my 5th wheel.  I'm just trying to make that hang-a-ma-thingy in the R-Pod bathroom more useful somewhere else.  I AM going to get it to work -- I just have to wait to pick up my new camper before I figure it out for real.

Traveling Teacher w. R-Pod 177

"To teach is to learn twice." - Joseph Joubert

"Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right." - Henry Ford
Gadget63 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 4:24pm
Congrats to all the new 177 owners. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoyed ours, but sad to say, we just traded up. Our 2011 177 was a dream to tow and we had a great summer with it, but it was definitely too small for our needs. We just purchased a 31' Flagstaff travel trailer and will be taking it on it's maiden voyage next week to Savannah, then Orlando Florida. I will still keep my account here and continue to read about all your adventures.  
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 1:22pm
We put a "shoe tree" over the bathroom door, on the outside.   Two dozen pockets, although we use it for our toiletries and not the kitchen.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 9:30am
Goose, thanks for your input.  Since I won't get my R-pod until next weekend I was unable to measure.  Thanks for letting us know the "closet" is too long for over the bed, and I think you're right about putting screws into the wall or roof -- could accidentally do some damage.

I think I'm going to try the over-the-door idea if I can get the brackets to extend far enough to hold the rod.  If I can, I will have an over-the-door pantry!  This will probably only work on the slideout models that have the kitchen in front of the bathroom door-- I think the floor space there is 36 inches wide.   On other models you might not have room to get around it. 

Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 11:33pm
  I took a look at moving the clothes bar in the bath to over the foot of the bed. The bar is to long to be useful, it would have to be cut down which means that you could not use to do double duty by moving it between the bath or the bed. At this point I am not going to try to hang a bar over the bed because I don't feel comfortable screwing into the ceiling not knowing were the supports or bracing is located. I don't think that you could screw into the ceiling panels and expect it to hold any kind of weight.      Goose   Ouch
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 6:45am
  I just got home so I am a little fuzzy here Pawpod. I might be able to tell you on Sunday if you can wait that long. We plan to bring our POD home from the undergroung storage this afternoon. I  would like to see if the bar from the shower will work over the end of the bed AND still be able to replace it in the bath if needed. Personally I would not take anything that requires a hanger but Mama sez's we have to.     Goose  Big smile
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 1:01am
Well, I tell you what I'm going to TRY with that bathroom hanging thingy . . . .

Today at Big Lots I bought 2 over the door hooks that will extend out quite far.  (I hope it will be far enough, but I won't know until I pick up my new 177 a week from now).  I am going to try to lift out that short rod the thingy is hanging on, and hang that plastic rod on the two over-the-door hooks -one at each end of the rod.  So I'm HOPING I will end up with an over-the-door hanging PANTRY where I can put things that aren't TOO heavy (paper plates, cups, and paper towels, trash bags, packaged food such as bread or buns, potato chips, etc., etc. -- but not canned food) 

I'm sure the guys in this forum would be able to rig up some over-the door hooks that extend out far enough and can accommodate the diameter of that rod on their pods.  For me I'm just trying to rig something with what I have on hand.

And by the way -- I'm envious about the N.C. trip.  I grew up near Wilmington but live in north Georgia now.  I haven't been home to NC in a couple of years.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, and all the storage ideas everyone!  Smile

marshwatcher View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 5:36pm
Yertle,

I so agree that the bathroom storage just isn't practical. We have found other places in our 176T that work fine. I suspect you will too. One thought about the cushions....we decided to Scotchguard them and see how long they hold up before recovering. Hope you enjoy your POD!
turncoat3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 3:24pm
SmileWelcome to Poddn world.  this is our second year for our 177 and we just think it is great.
We have been out on two trips so far this spring.  first one was 600 miles to central NC and the second was 400 to Wilmington, NC and the beaches.  It is a great unit for two empty nesters like us.  Best of luck

Ben & Lorrie
2013 Surveyor 264
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>