Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCrossroads Z1 (ZT211RD)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
GypsyEdie View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crossroads Z1 (ZT211RD)
    Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 6:38pm
Maybe he can beat your best deal, take 1,000 less, would it then be worth the drive?  You never know and it doesn't cost you a thing to ask.  He's a real nice guy and will go above and beyond to make you happy.
Gypsy Edie & Joe
A Yorkie named Kona
2013 R-Pod 177 named Gypsy Pod
2005 Toyota 4 runner
Cedar Key, FL
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 9:29am
Thanks for the suggestion.  However, it looks like they are about 15-16 hours one-way (and before rest stops) from me, farther than my current best deal @ 10 hours one-way. 
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
GypsyEdie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 7:13pm
Why don't you call Lazydays, my salesman is Steve Schialli, cell: 813-480-1501, they carry Crossroads and although they don't show your model on the lot, they will get it for you and if you ask him to beat that lower price you got, he will and you can have a nice camping trip there.  They get people from all over the U.S. come there to buy.  There was a license plate from Washington state at the delivery campground when we were there.
Gypsy Edie & Joe
A Yorkie named Kona
2013 R-Pod 177 named Gypsy Pod
2005 Toyota 4 runner
Cedar Key, FL
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 6:12pm
Today we drove a little over an hour from our house to the closest dealer with one on their lot.  Everyone agreed that they like it, so we need to make a final decision.  We also looked at a 30 foot model with slide-out and quad bunk that they happened to have on their lot.  The kids loved it but there's no way I'm towing that thing.
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 9:47pm
It's ok Doug, you have to change with the times and with kids getting older, bigger, moving out etc. Donna and I are lucky as we are empty nesters and the pod is perfect for 2 oldsters, we kind of like the close nit interior, we kinda laugh when trying to pass between the fridge and the back dinette and kinda bump butts, then Donna says, thats enough you go outside and find something to do while I am, fill in the blank , washing dishes, sweeping the floor, making toast etc. Its all good, enjoying time with family, the outdoors, the smell of the woods in the morning, but I hate it when the crows call and wake me up early
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 1:37pm
One of the Surveyors comes close to what I'm looking for, but without a couch.  I agree that the aluminum frame is lighter and fiberglass construction is better looking.  The one I'm looking at is stick frame with aluminum siding, heavier and not pretty, but functional.
Camper Bob View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 12:56pm
I just looked at the specs on the Surveyor line and was very impressed.  Forest River is one of the largest if not the largest manufacturer of trailers in the world.  The aluminum frame construction is superior to the stick and glue of other manufacturers.  Only the higher end trailers use that type of construction, and then the fiberglass sides are also top notch.  They also mention in their brochure that the roof is fully walkable for those who like being on the roof.  All around a very well built trailer and enough floor plans to accomodate any size family.  You could do worse buying another manufacturers trailer.  Good hunting.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
turncoat3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 12:24pm
My wife finally got tired of crawling over me in the middle of the night to hit the head.  She said she wanted a bed that had access on both sides.  We traded our 2010 177 in on a new Surveyor 264 from Forest River.  it is the 10th Aniv edition and it has everything you could ask for in a travel trailer.  We just completed 1200 miles and it was really comfortable and worked out just fine.
Ben & Lorrie
2013 Surveyor 264
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 11:27am
Copula' items to be aware of.  Looks like the construction is stick and glue.  Additionally, want to be aware of the roof material and if it has seams.  Keystone is not considered in my opinion to be a high quality builder.  Not sure if Alumalite has a small trailer, but very well built.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 10:26am
I found a dealer a little over an hour away that has this model so we will probably go up there this weekend to see it in person before making a final decision.  Their price is $2000 higher than the lowest I've found and they won't budge so I'm not planning on buying, just looking.  Unfortunately the lowest price is 10 hours away and has a 6-week order lead time, but I don't mind the trip.  If there are any delays it would mean I don't get to use it this season...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>