Topic ClosedRV Dump sites - Event Date: 15 Sep 2012

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Footslogger03 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: RV Dump sites
    Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 1:38pm
I called the local KOA here in Laramie and for $5 you can drive onto the campground, into any open slot and dump/rinse out your black/grey water tanks and lines. That's what I'm gonna do at "Step 1" in the Winterization process this year.

'Slogger
Livin' the Dream    ...'Slogger
MTB Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 11:40am
I've used that site also... it's great. There is also an iPhone/iPad app (it may exist for Droid also, but I'm not sure) called AllStays Camp and RV. It's an excellent little app that costs about 5 bucks and has an incredibly thorough listing of campgrounds (public and private). It also has add-on apps, one of which being dump stations. I've used it quite a bit for Oregon, and a bit for Washington, Northern California and Western Nevada, but when I scroll around on the map, it shows a lot of listings for the rest of the US and even Canada. It has everything from small two-site forest service campgrounds to the huge RV resorts. For the dump stations, it lists water treatment facilities (most of which have free dumps), rest areas, truck stops, gas stations, RV dealers and many other places I had no idea had dump stations. For us, it's been well worth the money since most campgrounds we stay at don't have a dump station. I'm able to check the map and usually find a free or cheap dump station on the way home. 
Marila
Pete & Marila
Sacramento, CA
2012 RPod 177
2001 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 11:40pm
     Was surfing the net looking for a wayside on US 50 in Kansas that we always pass because I can not for the life of me ever remember where it is until we have passed it up. It's a good spot for lunch heading west. I came across this site RVDumps.com that lists known dump sites around the country and if they are free or have a fee. There have been a few times that we could have used this info in the past and looked at the states and routes that we intend to travel this year incase we need one. We generally dump the gray tank every morning on our way out of the campground.
      Hope that this may help someone else.   Goose  
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
 Post Reply Post Reply