Topic ClosedKC RV Show - Event Date: 19 Jan 2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dsmiths View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: KC RV Show
    Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 9:59pm
I know Goose, Donna always wanted a Airstream Bambi. We looked at them 10 years ago, and I think the pod has a better lay out. I know the bambi is "top of the line" I will keep the extra $25 K in my pocket and keep my paid for RP-172 on the road.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
Goose View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 12:05am
   Terri and I went down to the KC RV Show this afternoon to get her out of the house and look at what might be new. No R-PODs to be found. Did see a T@B and a small tear drop trailer and a bunch of small light weight Jay Swifts but the down side to those were the small black and gray tanks. Most of the tailers that she did like sat alot higher off the ground than our POD which is an issue for her getting in and out of except the Airstreams. Nice till you looked at the price.
   Was surprized that there were no manufacturers of all the other things that go with the trailers at the show...hitches, chairs, awnings, camping gear. I did talk to one guy that had a booth selling on demand hydrogen gas generators for all engines, just don't know if you could recoup the $1,500 that the system cost.
   The good news was in talking to a salesman for NationWide RV the dealer where we bought our trailer, he said that the R-PODs have been one of the trailers that has held it's value well. Mama was thinking that maybe we could trade up for only a few dollars. I told her that we would have to trade about 5 R-PODs for the one Airstream that I liked. That was not the trade she was thinking of.
   Safe camping to all.   Goose  
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
 Post Reply Post Reply