Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Considering a Ever-Lite 25 RB
    Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 5:57pm

Over 4000 pounds, 585 hitch weight.  I wouldn't go w/o sway control for long but one trip you may be ok.  You could always adjust two things if you do encounter sway - depending on which tank(s) are forward of the axles you could load them up to add more tongue weight, which will help with sway if you have it.  So if the fresh tank is forward, fill it up.  If the gray tank is forward, fill it up.  Towing speed is another factor, and if you encounter it you may have to resort to coming home via back roads to keep your speed below 50 mph.  Another factor is tire inflation, so keep the camper tires at their sidewall max rating and your truck tires close to their rating (I've found I get a better ride if I keep them several psi below their max).

As for weight distribution, you need to check what the maximum hitch weight is for your vehicle.  If it is less than 600 pounds you'll need to use a WDH.  Remember that 585 is probably the hitch weight before all the extras are added like the propane tanks, A/C, microwave and anything else that the manufacturer lists as "extras".

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 11:32am
    We are considering trading our Rpod 171 in for the Ever-Lite 25 RB. We would like more room is the reason for wanting to change campers. I do have a question, would it be safe to tow this camper home about 300 miles from the dealer not using a WDH with our Ram 1500 reg cab. We will be buying a WDH If we end up buying the Ever-Lite but if we end up not buying the camper do not want to buy the WDH then have to return it.    Thank You     David and Danette
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

Post Reply Post Reply