Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kylekai View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: New rpod 179
    Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Grayotter

We bought our 179 3 months ago. Didn't need an extra bed, so gave the table to Goodwill and bought a portable roll up aluminum table as a replacement. Much easier to store and move around. 
Happy Trails...
Gar

Do you happen to have a picture of your table, or maybe a web site about it?
Thanks!
bearclaw68 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 3:46pm
Thanks to all. I was getting a little frustrated. Probably more to come. But I am learning the power of the forum.
RescapePod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 1:40pm
Congrats on new 179. We bought ours inWV recently and love it. My input on your questios. Table: there is a discussion on here about this. My is 1 in to high but we currently use only queen bed. TV Att.: it is omni directional and does not need to move. There is a single booster. Small button on plate where cable connects. Lights up when pushed in. My battery is a interstate. I would not worry about it unless you are going to do lots of dry camping soon. If so I would consider upgrading to 2 6volts for the power capacity. 
2015 R-Pod 179
2013 Chevy K1500
Grayotter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 11:14am
We bought our 179 3 months ago. Didn't need an extra bed, so gave the table to Goodwill and bought a portable roll up aluminum table as a replacement. Much easier to store and move around. 
Happy Trails...
Gar
Love2 1der
Luv2Q View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 10:23am
Congrats on the new 179.  The fun begins!  And, on your questions, you're about to experience the power of the forum.  The "search" function can become your new best friend.  On batteries, for example, you'll find a huge amount of info on selection, care & feeding.  (And, yes, 2 6-volts is a good choice.)

Again, congratulations and I hope you find years of enjoyment ahead.
John & Teri
Tundra 5.7L V8 / RP 180
E2 WDH / Integrated controller (POS) replaced by Tekonsha P3
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 10:21pm
Well we got the new 179 home in the driveway.were 7 in too tall for the carport. I'll figure it out. But I have lots of how to questions. Does the TV antenna move for reception? Ideas on satellite systems? Dinette does not fit level for bed making. Dealer had no clue. Is it supposed to make into a bed? Cushions on table are about 3 inches too high and slide off. The guy doing the walk thru said I should get a better battery system as the battery was low quality. Two 6 volts? I know these are question for the dealer. I'm just trying to get as much info as possible before I call. I'm feeling pretty stupid about now.
eray View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 9:59am
Picked up our 2015 179 in Sept from Beacon RV in St Joseph Mo. His deal was in line with Couch.  We bought our 173 from Couch.  Long drive but saved big $.  Couldn't find comparable prices in CO.  This time we were already going to Lake of the Ozark's for a golf outing so it worked out great.  We love our 179 we had to put it away for the winter but plan on longer trips next Spring.  I agree that you need to have a good walk thru..  We didn't this time and FR does not offer a manual with specific info for the r-pod but it gives you the basics.  I took notes the first time with my 173.  Learn about winterizing (if you need it).  Had bad sensors for black and grey water, had it fixed when got home and FR paid with no problems.  Put a mirror in the top pantry door, added a couple hooks for dish towels, made a spice rack by the stove, shelves on a pole (walmart) in the bathroom, and another in corner over the little sink.  Found out that the wiring for solar is just a direct hook up to the battery so got a connector that fits and it works with my Harbor Freight 45 watt system with controller.  May upgrade later.  Good travels.  Ray        
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 10:43pm
Cool. Stopping in Atwater on our way down to Fresno tomorrow. Hope this goes well, now that I'm signed up.
JStrube View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 10:17pm
I'm just a little down the road from you in Atwater.  From Modesto originally.
2012 181G
RescapePod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 3:28pm
Wow my wife is from Fresno and will love to hear you bought a POD there. We are in WV (my hometown) and just bought a 179 here. We love it ! Been out twice. As suggested get all systems checked out at the dealer. Plan on 2 hours and ask lots of questions and take notes. One thing that got us was the Hot Water tank bypass was open allowing cold water to mix with the hot coming out of the tank and making water lukewarm at best. That bypass needs closed and the inlet cold open and outlet hot open to work correct.
2015 R-Pod 179
2013 Chevy K1500
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>