R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedInterior Speaker Size

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
4runninpod View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interior Speaker Size
    Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by 2McPods

hello, has anyone replaced the outside speakers and if you have whith what kind and size ?
Thanks

I would like to know this also, the exterior speakers just suck 😕 My guess is they are 5 1/4 but I'm not for sure, probably would replace them with marine speakers.
2McPods View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 6:58am
hello, has anyone replaced the outside speakers and if you have whith what kind and size ?

Thanks
Everything Happens 4 A Reason

Pat & Viki McCartney
2015 171 {2McPods}
2014 F150
Pittsburgh, Pa
FL RPOD View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 9:09am
I used a plastic edged narrow scraper and just wedged little by little. Just remember the grills are very thin. Make sure you are wedging just into the outer edge by no more than a 16th of an inch.
xfitpanther View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by FL RPOD

I know this is an old thread but can someone tell me how to get the stock speakers out of the ceiling? I've tried to pull off grills to get to screws but stopped before I ripped the whole speaker out. Is there an easy way to get to the screws or do I just need to tug and twist a little harder on the grill?

Just unscrew the 3 screws and they should come down quite easily.
David
2017 r-Pod 180
FL RPOD View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 12:20am
I know this is an old thread but can someone tell me how to get the stock speakers out of the ceiling? I've tried to pull off grills to get to screws but stopped before I ripped the whole speaker out. Is there an easy way to get to the screws or do I just need to tug and twist a little harder on the grill?
M0tl3y View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 3:36pm
The original grills are fixed to the old speakers, plus the new ones have a different hole arrangement, so you'd have to get creative to remove the old grills and afix them to new speakers, but I'm sure it could be done if motivated enough.

There is about 4 inches of depth for both of the areas where my speakers go. Plenty for any speaker of those dimensions, even if you get a high-end model with a large magnet.

If you want to stick with white, it may be easier to find good replacement speakers that comes with a white grill. There are quite a few options on the market.
The 178 club
srpntmage View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 1:01pm
Were you able to use the old, factory white grills? Or did you need to use the Rockford grills? Also, how much depth was there behind the speakers?
M0tl3y View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 8:48pm
I did this mod tonight. I've taken a picture of the original speaker (Furrion FS65W), as well as a side-by-side with the old and new. You'll see that the new Rockford 6.5" is actually slightly smaller than the original 6". Things that make you go ... hmmmm.

Anyway, it was really easy. It fit the existing hole well, and the existing cables just plugged into the new speaker. The only difference was the mounting-screw-holes were aligned different than the original, so a quick drill of new ones and the install was done.

I'd say the new speakers sound about twice as good as the old. A worthwhile upgrade, to me, but one that each person will have to decide for themselves if it's worth it. I don't use the outside speakers, so I doubt I'll ever bother swapping those.

Hopefully this helps, and remember, if they don't find you handsome, at least they find you handy. Big smile

The 178 club
srpntmage View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 1:53pm
I contacted Forest River and they told me they are 5.25" speakers. Hmmm.... I am confused now lol. Are you measuring just the cone or the bracket also? How much space is behind the speaker? I am wondering what the mounting depth might be. Did you happen to find the model number of the stock speakers, or have a link to the fission ones you found?
LePodders View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 8:28am
I think the interior sound fine.... The exterior sound horrible sounding. Anyone changed them?

Let us know how your new interior speakers work? I read someone say they found the cover was 6 inch but the speakers were way smaller (I read that on internet, so not sure it is true)
Keenan, Kathryn, Millie, Rio & Cali (2015 r pod 179)
Poddy by Nature
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>