Topic ClosedIcemaker Code Offered to Podders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
CharlieM View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Icemaker Code Offered to Podders
    Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 12:35pm
The specified 1.9A is at 115V. The equivalent, assuming you had an inverter, is ~20A at 12V. The unit is 115 V and designed for shore power only. 
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
johnmaci View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 8:42am
Thank you for the great information. I do have a question though.....

I mostly boondock, and keep my battery charged with a 100W solar panel. With LED lights and propane everything, my battery never drains.

The icemaker specs states it uses 1.9 AMPS. So;

1) I can assume that my battery will be able to keep a full charge while running an inverter as long as the sun is shining at 2.0 AMPS or better?
2) Would replacing my one, 12v marine battery to two, 6v golf cart batteries be necessary or recommended?
3) Would this not really work well unless I am connected to shore power?

Thanks,
JD
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 8:03am
This now runs through Sept 30th of this year and now all colors have been added to the deal.

AI-100 in any color.

They wanted me to share a personal thanks to our community and groups for being so responsive to this offer, in turn they asked me when our camping trips typically end and decided to then let this run most the rest of this season for our owners and soon to be owners.
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2015 at 6:42pm
Hey Podders,

Wanted to share this with you all here who might not be on the Facebook side of things.  Many of you might have seen and heard of owners taking portable icemakers and using them while Podding, some of you might even own one already.

Anyways, in working with a company who produces the one we've owned for over a year now and the production coordinator at the company who is selling them, they've created a coupon code deal just for our little R-Pod Community.

This code is for $50 off their icemakers and runs until the end of June, and is for the Cyan and Orange versions of the icemaker which I'll drop links to

The code is:  rvrally

They set this up for us because of the 6th Annual ERU that is going on right now.  If they get many hits on the coupon code they would like to in the future offer other discounts to all of our Podders on other items.

Before I drop the links, I neither work for or am advocating this icemaker or the parent companies other products.  I bought mine over a year ago, and only want to share the discount that they created for us with as many Podders as possible.

and
 Post Reply Post Reply