R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedlocation of tubing to winterize Rpod177 - Event Date: 02 Jul 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
w4bgbob View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: location of tubing to winterize Rpod177
    Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 6:43pm
Thanks Ron good idea, I'm just tickled to finally find the tubing to winterize with Big smile
A bad day hunting/camping/fishing is better than a good day at work, especially in a a 2014 Rpod 177 :)
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 9:02am
Bob, to cover the holes where the screws were, I bought some small cork disks (from $ store)used colour sticks to match the paneling. You can't even tell they are there.
Ron & Shirley
2020 Tacoma
2012 177 rpod
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 11:43pm
The 5-6 gallon method probably said to put it all in the fresh water tank.  A big waste of antifreeze.  Plan on only using about a gallon.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
w4bgbob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 11:52am
alrighty, this should make winterizing the camper a whole lot easier next time. now i see why there is such a difference in the amount of rv antifreeze needed to winterize the Pod. one method used 5-6 gallon where the other method only suggested 1-2 gallon. Furpod thanks so much for the picture very helpful, and thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions. now to get to the store and buy some velcro, thanks gang i am an even happier camper now..
A bad day hunting/camping/fishing is better than a good day at work, especially in a a 2014 Rpod 177 :)
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 9:19am
On 177's most of the time, the water pump is in the space below the sink, behind the lowest left panel. here is a picture of the tube and valve, and it's location on our 177..

ron_whitt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 7:07am
Did you open up the panel yet? Once you do, leave the screws out put a piece of Velcro on each side and 2 pieces of brown cloth to pull the panel off the Velcro. After removing the screws on that panel once or twice the screws don't hold very well. The Velcro works very well, and you are into that panel at least twice a year to winter/dewinterize the pod. This little mod works very well.
Ron & Shirley
2020 Tacoma
2012 177 rpod
w4bgbob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 12:15am
I have looked under the mattress, I have completely removed the mattress, looked all around the water heater I do not find a spare piece of tubing can use to winterize the camper but I appreciate your input thank you very much..
w4bgbob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 12:13am
I appreciate the information I will have to look and see if I can find the water pump and see if the hose is there. Yes I agree service at least 99% of customer satisfaction.
scentralmt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 11:43pm
In our 2015 177 it is under the mattress,  located with the water heater and furnace.  Ours was easy to find since they left it sticking out pinched between the plywood and the panel in the storage space inside under the bed.

Curtis
Curtis
2014 177
2001 F150
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 9:24pm
Welcome, I have a 2012 rpod 177. If you take off the panel that is at the bottom left of the slide out, you will find the water pump. There should be an extra piece of tubing with a valve that opens/closes when you turn it. That is the extra tubing you have heard about. It is used to suck the rv antifreeze into your water pipes for winterizing. If that tubing isn't there, go back to where you bought your pod and have them give you a piece or have them put it on and explain how it works. If they won't do this, run as far and as fast as you can away from this place... Service is 99% of customer satisfaction with a pod...
Ron & Shirley
2020 Tacoma
2012 177 rpod
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>