R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew tires for Pod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New tires for Pod
    Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 8:12am
Lots of tire arguments available on the internet to peruse.. Do you have a HRE, if so your tire sizes and choices are different from mine.. but I replaced my 5 year old tires last summer with these, happy so far. :) about 3K miles since I put them on.
Pod People View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 6:55am
do a search on this site or any rv site and you will find lots of discussion about tires.  Most recommended brands seem to be goodyear or maxxis. We chose maxxis 8008 and have been very happy
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
podderfj View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 12:08am
Fellow Podders:  I am sure that this subject is discussed in depth somewhere on this forum, but am seeking advice on tires.  I have a 2010 172 that I bought from the original owner.  I have had it now for about 6 months learning all about it and seeing how all of the appliances, etc., work.  I have not taken it on a camping trip yet.  In looking at the tires, I think the ones that are on it are probably the original tires.  I did not ask the po if he had ever changed them, and he did not use the pod that much, so, I think they are probably original.  Needless to say, i want to change them before I put it on the road to go camping.  What tires would you recommend?  What do you have on yours?  What to buy and what to stay away from?  Any advice will be greatly appreciated
 Post Reply Post Reply