R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2016 R-Pod Bathroom Sink Modifications

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2016 R-Pod Bathroom Sink Modifications
    Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 9:16am
Reattach with the hose's curve headed toward the side where the shower head is. Then pull the excess hose through the loop on the wall so that the excess is on the side where the shower head is. That will hold the hose away from the water stream sufficiently to eliminate splashing off the hose. I'll try to get a picture. When I do, I'll edit this post and add it.

Edit: Here's a picture.

StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
larrys39426 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 2:49am
Part of the problem with the sink is water running down and/or splashing off of the shower hose. I just unscrewed the hose under the faucet to help at least that part of the problem. Still need to secure the now-dangling shower hose in a way that will still allow easy reattaching it for the few occasions  when we will use the shower. Now need to figure out some type of "guard" to keep water from splashing over side of the sink.
timpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 11:22pm
My wife got in there with a Fien multimaster tool, cut then pipe, then capped it.
2016 Pod 172
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
togidogi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 10:26pm
We don't use our sink either and want to increase elbow-room by removing both it and the surround. Sink and surround were easy to remove.  This exposed an access hole allowing you to get at the p-drain which also was easy to remove.  Everything I've read thus far suggests that the PVC fitting can then be rotated into the hole and covered with matching panel. I can't rotate the darn thing and I don't have room to make a saw cut/cap without removing more panel.  Suggestions?  I did a thread search and landed here. My apologies if I posted in the wrong place.  Thanks-

StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 1:54pm
That would be an option. However, I am not willing to give up on the sink. I do find it useful. Since the shower pan is under the sink, I'm not worried about the splashing, especially since it is much less than before.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
timpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by larrys39426

The bathroom sink in the 2016 R-Pod 179 is virtually unusable.  The faucet is not in the middle of the sink and it's nearly impossible to keep from getting water all over the floor when you wash your hands.  Has anyone made any successful modifications to address this problem?  If so, pictures and info, please!

We just removed the sink, and will soon replace the faucet with a shower only model. No sink, no faucet, no problem.

2016 Pod 172
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 10:15pm
I have some pictures, which I will post in my mods page. In essence, I did this:

Remove screws holding faucet surround and carefully use a putty knife to cut putty holding the surround to the wall. Remove it.
Disconnect faucet lines.
Remove faucet from surround.

Check the opening. Check to see if you can move the surround closer to the wall away from the door. You may be able to move it 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch while still leaving the hole covered when it is replaced.

Carefully measure just how far you can move the faucet toward the wall side, away from the door. Enlarge holes to shift faucet over, being careful not to move too far, or you will have a hole. Use some silicone sealant and reinstall faucet to the surround.

Reinstall surround, moving it as close to the wall as possible without leaving an uncovered hole in the wall. Use silicone sealant to seal around the plastic to prevent water from going behind it.

Result should be that the water from the faucet now hits more toward the drain in a wider part of the sink instead of at the edge. This will not totally eliminate water splashing, but it does reduce it.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
dr.becky View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 9:56pm
I agree, we use it as a holder orf shower supplies.  It does serve as a handle in the small space for us old folks.  I saw a post of a trailer for sale where it was removed, not sure how they repaired the wall. Mi agree it takes space and is not needed.
larrys39426 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 9:26pm
The bathroom sink in the 2016 R-Pod 179 is virtually unusable.  The faucet is not in the middle of the sink and it's nearly impossible to keep from getting water all over the floor when you wash your hands.  Has anyone made any successful modifications to address this problem?  If so, pictures and info, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply