R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKitchen sink - Event Date: 30 Apr 2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Kitchen sink
    Posted: 01 May 2016 at 7:38pm
Great! I'm glad you got it fixed. Hug
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Polly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 7:07pm
Thanks for the suggestion regarding water not working in kitchen sink. Turns out the faucet hose was the issue. Looks like the antifreeze was clogged in the faucet hose. When we did the winterizing last fall we did the kitchen sink first, evidently there was a clog in the antifreeze that was in the water lines going to sink. Took the faucet off several times and blew air through the hose and the water finally started flowing correctly.
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 9:26pm
Take the drawers out from under the sink so you can get in there. With the water pump turned off and pressure released (open the bathroom faucets until water is no longer flowing, then close them), look for the hot and cold water connections to your kitchen faucet. Start with the cold. Remove the connection from the faucet.

Aim the water line into a bucket or gallon bottle and turn (or have someone do this) the pump on briefly to see if water is flowing through the pipe. If so, the problem is in your faucet. If not, then the problem is probably in one of the lines. There may be some trash in them or a kink somewhere. You could also check the hot water side this way also.

Note that the valves on the kitchen faucet are quite small, about 1/4" in diameter. It would not take much trash in the line to block them. If the valve is blocked, it might not allow enough water through to flush it out when you removed the aerator.

Reattach the pipes to the faucet, checking to make sure they are tight. Please let us know what you find out.

Does the outside shower also have this problem?

The pump's winterizing connection on the 179 is in the front under the queen bed. It is a pain to get access to it. You will need to remove the bed and plywood to get to it. The one closest to the front of the trailer is the one through which you will get to the pump. It is on the left side as you are looking toward the front. If you go in there, beside checking the valve, you should also look at the filter to see if it is clogged.

Edit:
The connections for the outdoor shower are behind the panel that is on the right side of the top shelf to the right of the sink. You will need to remove that panel to get access to it. On mine, the water lines were simply bent and attached. I did not like this as I saw evidence of some leakage. I also saw them kinked. I purchased 90 degree elbows and installed them so I could run the lines straight up to the fitting without bending/kinking them. If you do this, don't forget to use teflon tape or other thread sealant.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 9:02pm
But the water pressure is fine in the bathroom?  That seems to eliminate trash in the plumbing in front of the water pump, which sometimes happens.

Apparently not all pods have a suction hose, usually under the sink, for sucking antifreeze into the system.  If the valve on that hose is open I think you wouldn't have pressure in the bathroom, but be sure it's closed. 

Have you tried hooking up to "city" water?  Someone else will have to answer this question: obviously with city water you don't use the on-board water tank or pump, but does the flow of water bypass the pump or go through it?  I've never had do deal with it, but I believe there is a screen on the inflow side of the water pump that could be clogged with debris.  As I said, I think you wouldn't have pressure in the bathroom if that were the case.

No other ideas...

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
Polly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 8:15pm
Took aerator off and turned water on with aerator off and still just a little stream of water coming out of faucet.
Pete Brayton View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 8:06pm
The aerator is located at the end of the faucet where the water comes out. Also, did you flip the valve next to the water pump when using antifreeze? If so, check that too! (Ignore this if no antifreeze was used.)
Polly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 8:00pm
Where is the aerator located?

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 7:54pm
Pull the aerator..clean the screens.
CharlieM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 7:54pm
'most always a clogged screen in the kitchen faucet. Unscrew it and clean it out. You'll be surprised at the junk in it. 
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
Polly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 7:34pm
Dewinterizing 179 Rpod and water will not work in kitchen sink. Works in bathroom. Has anyone had this problem?Thanks for any help.
 Post Reply Post Reply