R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedExide Battery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Podster View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exide Battery
    Posted: 06 May 2016 at 7:10pm
Thanks for the info...
Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
(1/2 ton 5,800lb tow capacity)
podrunner View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 6:43pm
My 6 year old Interstate battery was acting like it life would soon end, so I visited a local store where I had a credit to check out their battery offering.  They sell the Exide line.  In looking at the Marine / RV category they had both a dual purpose and a deep cycle for the same price.  Based on what I have learned from this forum, I thought the  size 27deep cycle would be a good choice.  After I got home I checked the  Exide web site and found that the Deep Cycle battery weighs 9 pounds more than the dual purpose.  I would guess this means the plates are thicker and it is a true deep cycle battery.  I tried on line to find the weight of an Interstate, Wal-Mart, Duracell etc. battery  and no one seems to publish it.  Based on the many times we have discussed batteries on this forum and the advantages of a true deep cycle vs. a marine / RV dual purpose, the Exide Deep cycle would seem to be a good choice at a good price.  Home Depot also sells this line and they have a group 31.  

Happy dry camping to  one and all...

2010 R Pod 151
2017 4runner
2006 Honda Metropolitan
 Post Reply Post Reply