R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBird building a nest in my AC Unit. - Event Date: 08 May 2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
GlibGuy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Bird building a nest in my AC Unit.
    Posted: 09 May 2016 at 7:58am
Originally posted by Sweetie and my R Pod

Has anyone had this issue before?? A bird built a nest in the roof top AC Unit on my new 179 unit. I had to take the AC cover off and remove the nest, it wasn't easy trying to keep the eggs intact. Doubtful Mother bird will come back after I put the nest in a near by shrub. But I plan on taking the POD out in less than 2 weeks, so it had to go. So in the bottom of the ac unit it has some holes probably for air venting, this is where the bird got under and inside the unit. I was thinking about putting some window type screen over those holes. ANY ONE KNOW IF THAT WOULD AFFECT HOW THE AC UNIT RUNS, OR IS THERE A BETTE FIX??? THANK YOU.

Had a huge nest in mine that I discovered after the eggs were hatched.  Had a heck of a time cleaning it out but AC works fine.
MICK
Sweetie and my R Pod View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 10:34pm
Has anyone had this issue before?? A bird built a nest in the roof top AC Unit on my new 179 unit. I had to take the AC cover off and remove the nest, it wasn't easy trying to keep the eggs intact. Doubtful Mother bird will come back after I put the nest in a near by shrub. But I plan on taking the POD out in less than 2 weeks, so it had to go. So in the bottom of the ac unit it has some holes probably for air venting, this is where the bird got under and inside the unit. I was thinking about putting some window type screen over those holes. ANY ONE KNOW IF THAT WOULD AFFECT HOW THE AC UNIT RUNS, OR IS THERE A BETTE FIX??? THANK YOU.
 Post Reply Post Reply